KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Simple ways to move up a Local Guides Level

Yayy! Made it to Level 8 before the end of the year.Yayy! Made it to Level 8 before the end of the year.

Made it to Level 8 earlier than expected!
After the new Local Guides Points system was introduced in June, my goal was to reach Level 8 by the end of this end of this year. I had over 12, 200 points.Level 7 (12,205 points) and 20+ Million ViewsLevel 7 (12,205 points) and 20+ Million Views My stretch goal was to have this done before Summit 17 in San Francisco. I beat that challenge with less than 3 months or less than 2 weeks to spare!

My Google Local Guides Tip
Besides uploading photos and writing comprehensive reviews, ALWAYS ANSWER your Google Maps auto questions & "Check the Facts." You will be surprised that new questions keep appearing on places that you already have reviewed and think you have nothing more to contribute.

Think you have no time for being a Local Guide?

For this month's Disability Challenge,  because I could not attend or create a meetup, I spent 2+ hours to answer a multitude of Google Map questions, including the wheelchair disability questions, from my existing reviews to accumulate 400+ points to finally push me over to Level 8.

My Local Guides Points BreakdownMy Local Guides Points Breakdown

While I will never reach Level 10 Local Guides Rock Star status like @U-royFelixA @ProfArunCM, be very active Level 9s like @SanyaOdare @LucioV @HelloSamsonR,  or in class all by himself Mr Connect @OSAMA, I wanted to show those Local Guides, like myself who are not as active Google Maps or don't live in areas that you can new places to the Map, there are still daily Local Guides ways to contribute in your communities besides uploading photos and writing reviews.

My next goal is to reach Level 9 (35,000 points plus or minus) by next September with my slow, steady and daily pace. What about you? Who are your fellow Local Guides that are your role models, that help motivate you to get to the next Local Guide Level?

Please share your Google Map tips or Local Guides role models that help you reach your next Local Guides Level below.

Cheers,

Karen

173 comments
Level 10

Re: Simple ways to move up a Local Guides Level

Congratulations Dear karu @KarenVChin , hope this summit time took a lot of pic and review and jump next level 😛 

All sweets for your new success . finish all 😉

22104569_1975077282506087_7876733620728715504_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Thanks @MahabubMunna for your well wishes. You keep making ME gain more virtual weight with every Bangleshdhi food photo you post here on Connect!!  = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Amazing Amazing @KarenVChin keep inspiring us day after day , salute Karen 😉

Level 10

Congratsl @KarenVChin if guy keep up at this pace, you'll hit Level 10 sooner than you anticipate. Thanks immensely for sharing these tips. 👍

Connect Moderator

Nahhh @U-royFelixA, I do have a life outside of Local Guides / Google (shhh, don't tell anyone!) .

Level 10 is a lofty, aspirational goal, but not attainable in my lifetime. I cheer and salute those, like you, that have reached the Mt Everest of Local Guides greatness!

Cheers,

Karen

Googler

Congratulations, @KarenVChin!! I know how amazing it feels to reach a goal and even better when you can do it for a good cause. I, too, have been committing to daily contributions (something more challenging than you think) and find it fascinating how easy it is to get ahead. I've been trying to get to Level 9 before the Summit but man oh man, is it tough! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC wrote:

Congratulations, @KarenVChin!! I know how amazing it feels to reach a goal and even better when you can do it for a good cause. I, too, have been committing to daily contributions (something more challenging than you think) and find it fascinating how easy it is to get ahead. I've been trying to get to Level 9 before the Summit but man oh man, is it tough! 🙂 

@TraciC, if anyone can - you will do it!

As in the fable, the Hare and Tortoise, it's not how fast, but being consistent and steady that wins the race.  I just wanted to post that you don't have to be flashy, carry expensive camera equipment, or go out every day to a new place to move up a Level.  Look what you have done and in front of you (sorry, I am sounding way too Matrix -y  or Yoda = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Congratulations @KarenVChin!! This is a great result, not easy to achieve with great quality contributions as i'm sure you did!

I love to travel, explore and make things i never did, also when i'm on work travel: so this is my suggestion, don't stay at hotel, don't choose the same restaurant again and again, because it's easy and it's just behind the corner.

Exit from your comfort zone, and explore surroundings, in Yosemite as like as in New York, Maldives as like as in Las Vegas!

Enjoy your exploration, but take photos, and drop stars, you will have time later, when you will be back home, to upload photos to places.

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @KarenVChin

It is a GREAT RESULT. (I can tell you, because I had the same target, and I've got L8 one month ago)IMG_20170929_225438.png

Set to on the notification from the App, and you will be informed about all the places around you with missing information.

It is unbelievable, a lot of places around us needs some edit 🙂

Ermes