HimsBoss's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Simple ways to ensure quality of content on Google Maps

As the year ends, I want to share my learnings on how a Local Guide can ensure quality of content they add to Google Maps.

• Some people upload unfocused photos or multiple photos of the same scene. This may frustrate the users. It's better to choose the best quality photo and upload that one.
  • Flag photos which are not related to the place, which are explicit or have bad quality. As an example, people encroach the place on maps by posting promotional photos.

Screenshot of Goggle Maps app (running on android) showing choices for reason to flag a photo.Screenshot of Goggle Maps app (running on android) showing choices for reason to flag a photo.

• While adding photos of restaurant menu, make sure the name of dishes and rates are readable. Mentioning the month and year of photo as caption will ensure that people see the latest menu.

Screenshot of Google Maps app (on android) showing caption for photo of a restaurant's menuScreenshot of Google Maps app (on android) showing caption for photo of a restaurant's menu

• In 'Answer questions about a place' section, do not answer questions if you do not know the place well. If you do know, and are not able to answer in simple yes/no, there are more options under 'More Choices'

Have a great year ahead!

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Simple ways to ensure quality of content on Google Maps

Hello @HimsBoss,

Thank you for sharing your tips. I am sure that they will be very helpful for Local Guides! 

Hope you had a great Christmas celebration and wishing you happy New Year in advance! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks @Ivi_Ge,

Wishing a very happy new year to you too.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @HimsBoss

I agree totally with you. Just a small note: the last screenshot you shared is about reporting a photo in Google Maps, not about "more options" for the "yes/not" questions. Can you please update your post. A wrong screenshot can be incorrectly interpreted by Local Guides with less experience. Thank you

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT,

Thanks for pointing out. I have updated the post.