Lieren's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Signing in to connect - Thank you for all the great experiences <3

Hi everybody,

I´m from Nuernberg, Germany. I´ve been a local guide for a while now but so far I haven´t made it to the community here. I was veeery pleasently surprised that my username wasn´t taken yet!

I am happy to see there´s actually a community in my hometown. ..

I have been writing google reviews for many years now, and I use them to plan all my trips and outings :). 

I´m all about specific reviews and also - on of our most important duties in my opinion - certifiying information, like if a place is open or not -  I trust the google statement more than whatever it says on a website... I love google maps and I depend on it every day and it´s just so wonderful to be part of it and actually have an influence on my city, and ultimately, the people living here. 

I love long reviews, I love to write them and I love to read them. It´s great that so many Local Guides commit to long, detailed reviews!

I mostly do so on my commute to work or directly after I visited a place. My favourite is going out with friends and the writing reviews together :). 

But there is one genre I value a lot: Doctors.  
You can spare yourself a lot of trouble, pain and dissapointment if you read reviews on doctors. Obviously a bad review is always to be taken with a grain of salt, but I think it´s super helpful and important. 

You can actually follow my travels on the google map by my reviews... I hope I can soon expand my horizon and my map path.. 

Maybe I can pick some cool stuff up in the community here - I´m going on a trip to scandinavia this summer, and I´m SO looking forward it... 

Also finally a place to get feedback to google, because I have one or two notes on the current workings of google maps :)). Hopefully they read some of it.

TL:DR: I´m happy to be part of this community now, and I look forward to getting to know some of you guys and also thank you for all the great reviews that already made so much of my experiences great memories!!!

Nürnberg, Deutschland
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Signing in to Connect

Hi @Lieren,  Welcome to LGC.you would glad to know that  here people are very loving and helpful,  if you are totally new then post an introductory post for yourself. Write 'Introduce Myself' in subject and then describe yourself in post,  you can search 'introduction yourself'  to get ideas.

Thank you

Level 6

Re: Signing in to Connect

Hi, thanks for the reply :).

Does this not suffice as an introductory post? Should I write it at another place? 

I just changed it a little, I feel like I derailed a little in the mid section but I hope it´s still okay.