SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Show us the photos if already added by us to Maps of a place

I visited a restaurant for the second time. I ordered and had the same dish which I had last time. I took the photo of the dish as always. But I was not sure whether I added a photo of that dish last time itself. I had to check all the photos available of that restaurant in order to see if I have added any photos or not. It would be great if the photos we added is shown/highlighted when we open a place in Google Maps. I believe it will not only help in case of dish photos, it will help to decide which type of photos to take if we could be able to see the photos which we previously uploaded. Eg. I will prefer to take exterior photos of a place if I get to know that I didn't added any exterior photos last time.

Show/highlight the photos if already added to this placeShow/highlight the photos if already added to this place

Currently, the workaround I am using is, I will give a rating/write a review of that place, then in sometime, when I open that place again, any photos I already added will be attached with my rating/review. I think it would great and easy if photos already added is shown/highlighted when we open a place in Maps.

I don't think this suggestion would be enough to consider as an idea, so I posted in How to board. Would be great to hear comments from you all.

Vellore Local Guides
7 comments
Level 9

Re: Show us the photos if already added by us to Maps of a place

Hello bro @SalmaanN,

Thank you so much for posting this interesting thread. I think this post is more suitable in idea section. I hope you'll consider posting it in idea section so that one of a Google Moderator will look over it. 

Good Day

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@SalmaanN As you have said, that you have looked at the workarounds which is to look under your review of the place, and photos contributed should show up, although at the moment, the main page for reviews only will show photos, and as far as i can tell, no videos or 360 panoramas under the review.

It's also hard to look for old photos of a place that we have contributed which may include scrolling down Your Contributions to the date the photos were taken.

So, wrote this short idea to help bridge the gap. Do upvote if you think this could be useful, and do provide your comments for anything extra you feel may be needed.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/Separate-tab-for-My-Photos-in-every-location-in-Maps...

Connect Moderator

Cannot agree more!! Some of the places that I've been to and that I'm sure I've reviewed are missing my reviews (usually they are old reviews so I don't mind so much.. but I'm pretty sure it's a bug). But like you, I have to scroll through the photo list to find my old photos. Again, not so bad for older reviews. 

The big annoyance that I have is that I sometimes upload the photos first whilst at the location and then I write the review when I get home. And by then, I usually forget if I have uploaded the photos and Google Maps confuses me by suggesting the same photos to attach to my review. End result; I've got duplicated photos uploaded! Grr.

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 8

Hi @AccedeToVegan

Thanks for your support. I hope this suggestion would be considered. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thank you so much for your support, @deepakjhic bhai. I hope Local Guides Team will find this suggestion and consider it. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

I am glad to know about your idea post, @StephenAbraham Anna. Thanks for your support. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks for your comments, @AdrianLunsong. It's really a tough workaround since after taking photos of a place and uploading it, i even write reviews mostly after somedays and it's hard to remember. I hope this suggestion would be considered. 

Vellore Local Guides