Takoyaki's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Shop owner harassing me online for leaving bad review. Threatened to sue me.

I gave this store a low review on Google Maps. Three months later he contacts me asking me to remove my review. He messaged me on several of my Facebook pages and commented on several of my posts asking me to remove it. He contacted me on Facebook, LinkedIn, Coroflot and StoreEnvy. He emailed me threatening to sue me. I eventually took down the review to get him to leave me alone. Now he is commenting on other low reviews on Google, saying I'm rating him with other accounts. It needs to stop. 

I have been advised to put my review back up, but I don't know what the best option is. Please help.

The shop is <BUSINESS NAME REMOVED>. <LINK TO BUSINESS ON GOOGLE MAPS REMOVED>

You can see on another one of the reviews, the owner commented that the guy's review is slander. 

I blocked and banned him from all of my Facebook so this is all I have for screenshots. You can see he rated my business 1/5 for no reason. He's never been to it. 

<SCREENSHOTS REMOVED>

Happy Asian Mart, West McMillan Street, Cincinnati, OH, United States
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Shop owner harassing me online for leaving bad review. Threatened to sue me.

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, @Takoyaki. Please reach out to the Google My Business community at g.co/gmbcommunity where the community managers and experts would be able to advise you accordingly. In the meantime, I have removed the name and URL to the business on Google Maps, as well as screenshots that contain personal information of the business owner as we value the privacy of everyone. Thank you. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Shop owner harassing me online for leaving bad review. Threatened to sue me.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.  I'm going to consult with Google on this, and someone will then get back to you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Former Google Contributor
Solution

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, @Takoyaki. Please reach out to the Google My Business community at g.co/gmbcommunity where the community managers and experts would be able to advise you accordingly. In the meantime, I have removed the name and URL to the business on Google Maps, as well as screenshots that contain personal information of the business owner as we value the privacy of everyone. Thank you. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

I went to that page, but didn't see any links or thread categories relative to my situation. Where do I post this or who do I contact? Thanks.

Connect Moderator

That page is the front page of their forums; the look does not make it obvious.  When you scroll down a bit each blue box is a link to each sub-forum.  I'd suggest clicking on Spam & Policy, and then creating a post there.  Do not include any of your or the business' personal infomration, but rather allow a TC or Googler to contact you to obtain it.  If no one gets back to you within 3 days (it's a very busy forum), post back here and I'll contact one of their TCs directly.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Everyone on Google has right to review . So , it's about what review will you give.