Wolfrid's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Sharing about local guide benefits

Saya level 5 di local guide google maps..  Kira kira benefitnya seperti apa ya....

Indonesia
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Sharing about local guide benefits

Hi @Wolfrid, This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Thanks for being with Local Guides. If you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards

- Al Naiem

Level 10

Re: Sharing about local guide benefits

Hi @Wolfrid

Local Guides is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. You can help others find the best spots in town, make new friends, and unlock exclusive benefits along the way. 

You can check out the benefits as you level up as a Local Guide by contributing to Google. 

The photo views showed how many times your photo have been viewed.  While the photo views do not add to the point system, they have been useful to users around the world when they are searching for more information about places. I don't know about you but when I see that my photos have helped hundreds of thousands of people around the world, I can't help but feel motivated to help people even more! 

Remember, as a Local Guide, you can earn points by contributing to Google Maps anywhere around the world. Go forth and contribute!
Finally if you can not find your answer, please read here.

Best Regards 
Rezgar