SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Sharing Drinking Water Locations

it's hot in bangkok, and most people here (travelers and residents) buy drinking water in disposable plastic bottles. i'm always trying to encourage friends to use refillable bottles instead, but they don't know where they can refill their bottles when they are out and about. we've just started this map and will be adding to it to make it a little easier to avoid single-use plastics. 

https://goo.gl/maps/vu2NG8himYM2

what are others doing in their communities? 

Bangkok, Thailand
17 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Sharing Drinking Water Locations

Hi @SuzanneN,

I just wanted to let you know that it's very good a idea and I also try to do the same with my friends where I'm living.

Luckily In Sofia, Bulgaria you can find some public water fountains around the city.

agua2.jpgagua.jpg

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@FelipePK you are lucky to have such nice options! make a map and share it. 🙂 

Level 10

@SuzanneN This is a great initiative. Thanks for sharing,,, 

Connect Moderator

@SuzanneN, that is a very cool way to use Google Maps to help others in your community to find places to fill up their bottles with water! 

I like your idea. @ErmesT @DavidTito @Julien44 @AlejandraMaria, check out Suzi's clever way of creating a map in her city, Bangkok, of places where you can get free or minimally price water to fill up your reusable water bottle, instead of or purchasing one-time-use plastic water bottles. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

I love the idea @SuzanneN, that I am supporting for at least two reasons:

1. Reuse of the bottles, reducing / recycling plastic 
  2. Easy way to find public accessible water

IMG_20180413_181033.jpg

I am actually mapping the water fountain / sources on my area, adding it on Google Maps

Thank you for tagging, @KarenVChin

Level 9

@SuzanneN Very good idea, it will helps a lot for travellers

Level 9

thanks @ErmesT, it's not that easy to find drinking water here, so people really need help. we are also doing some other really great things here in bkk to reduce single-use plastics. it feels like an uphill battle at times but is gaining traction. 

Connect Moderator

I know, @SuzanneN

it is an hard battle, but we love to fight 🙂

make sure to sign in here: Clean The World - CL18 Edition, the clean-up event that is part of Local Guides “Clean The World”

It will give you the ideas for starting one also in BKK

Ermes

Level 9

I love this idea and thanks for making this @SuzanneN 🙂