BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

I have been a local guide for the past 6 months.. My journey first started off with photos and one liner reviews with few adjectives..Slowly, I started writing more detailed reviews with respect to the experience that I've been through there. This made the review more honest.

While taking photos, I usually take the first visual that comes into my vicinity of the place. That way it is easier for others to recognize.

Level 2

Hello everyone!

Level 9

Help Me :-  But I Want Any Id Proof My Google Local Guides Laval 5 Many Place Problem Facing I Am Required Id Card 

Level 2

Hi

Level 5

For taking photos, try to get a seat near a window! Strong, natural light will work wonders for getting better snaps. But also, if it's too strong, it could introduce harsh shadows. In that case, try shading or diffusing the light with a menu.

Level 3

Just be yourself and be fair and honest. That is the most important. The rest is just extra. 

Level 2

I use maps all the time even where I live to get fastest route through traffic. But I also use it a lot to preview and plan an area I'm going to help decide where to park or potential shopping ideas with my wife if we're taking the afternoon off, for example. I live by and rely on other guides and user comments when choosing businesses/places to visit. I find Google maps reviews to be among the most honest and unfiltered reviews; so I try to provide real feedback when the experience exceeds expectations or warrants comment or warning of a poor experience. Thanks to everyone else for making it great, I'll try to continue to pay it forward too! 
As such - my main "thing" is to report unreported good places that I hope others will get to enjoy. 

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

On this post, share your insights into:

• Taking great photos
  • Writing helpful, detailed reviews
  • Adding hidden or great new places
  • Answering questions
  • Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

end-of-year-celebration-950x475 (1).png

Level 6

Try to be at the location of any place you are adding to the map so we don't have double created places. If possible makes friends and connect with business owners to get full and authentic information about the business. Happy new year everyone 

Level 7

I am a food blogger in Dubai so I update every restaurant or hotspot I visit! Instead of giving a 1000 word update, I just put up the conclusion! 

Level 5

Local guides player should be truthful to themselves not just by gaining points but also helping Google map users to know what's going on with this place. Giving positive or negative comments can provide insight to the Google map users.