BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

Greetings my Fellow Explorers and Leaders,

What inspiring tips I see here from you guys, thank you so much for sharing your experiential knowledge!  🙂

I see how being a local guide, and sharing what is important to YOU, can benefit people who are like you, looking for the same things!  

This world of today has become divided and isolating, with loneliness being a cause of sadness for so many of our neighbours.

It is through sharing and connecting about our experiences and idiosyncrasies that we can rebuild our communities. 🙂  

As I see it, posting about what is of most interest to ourselves, will speak to those souls out there who are seeking the same for themselves.   

The other day I received a message from someone on a review that said, "Are you Celiac and dairy intolerant too?  So am I!!!  It is so good to read your reviews about which restaurants have G&D Free options!".

Can you imagine how thus comment made me feel?  Like, wow! There are others like me out there! 🙂 Joy, Community, Hope, Inspiration!

Continue celebrating who you are by reviewing what interests you, and giving Kudo's to people who put themselves out there, giving exemplary service or going the extra mile!  It makes people feel good about themselves!  And for those businesses who don't, this can be a helpful nudge to remember to put people ahead of profits. ♡

Level 7

This is not so much a tip, but an anecdote while I was in Japan during my summer holidays.

My gf and I tried to go to a great reviewed cafe however when we arrived there was a sign we didnt understand  (time to use Google Translate). Eventually we found out that it had moved a block away. When we arrived we ate and I snapped some photos and to my disbelieve those have been my most popular photos with 260 K views combined. So my tip is to prepare and brace for the unknown, there may be some surprised out there. Happy hunting! 🙂

Level 3

I think photos are very helpful. If I notice a place I'm at does not have a photo of the actual building I try to add one or more to give others a better feel for the place they will be going to.

I hope the pictures are as helpful to others as theirs have been to me!

Level 2

I will do it. 😉 

Level 8

I try to make better Maps on Google , but I wish I could take panoramic pictures by my normal phone. But it is not possible for me. Perhaps an app from Google in the future could make it and other people used it. I enjoy of help to others. Thank you
Level 7

I don't always have time to post with 4 kids and a busy world.  One of my strategies is To have a folder for 'Guide' pictures on my phone. When I'm waiting at an appt or to pick someone up I can go back to my pictures and upload them and do my reviews.  A convenient and time effective way to manage my Google Guide reviews.

Level 5

I am also fairly new to Local Guides.

I review businesses that give good service in the hope that I will receive reviews for Nigelyn Guest Cottage

Level 6

Hi All,

Happy new year !!!!

Well no such out of box tips is there but yes as per my experience and total 2+ lakh views which received till date on 23 photos, I got to know that you plan your shoot locations before hand. If you are going for a vacation, which I do once in every six month, I plan the route and have some information of the places ready with me from google. 

Try to take some unique and crisp shots, and if possible try to take pictures from different angle which was never being captured before.

Above plan is only for vacations but you can definitely take random pictures when you are in your city. Whether it's your playground or local market, capture all of it and tag them appropriately in google maps. Over here just one suggestion is like, please zoom in full in maps and pin point the location before uploading the image. This will help others to be in the right place, accurately and they doesn't have to search randomly on streets.

You can check out some of my vacation videos on my YouTube channel too...

https://www.youtube.com/binodkumarsingh

Binod vlogs - YouTube Channel

Hope, these tips will definitely work and let's make local guides one of the best community of helping people through better mapping experience. Leaving you all with one of the recent pictures from my last trip to southern tip of India, Kanyakumari.

Bye !! Have a great year ahead....

IMG_0640.PNG

A software developer with DNA of travelling and exploring places.
Level 7

Having some fun doesn't hurt. If you feel like writing is a chore you're doing it wrong

Level 3

Wouldn't you like to know if a venue is good or not before you go?

I sure did, so I wanted to give back for anyone else walking in my shoes down the road!