BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

On this post, share your insights into:

• Taking great photos
  • Writing helpful, detailed reviews
  • Adding hidden or great new places
  • Answering questions
  • Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

end-of-year-celebration-950x475 (1).png

Be true to what you do and say to others which will be helpful in your reviews...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being fairly new to this I took the opportunity to use work as a way to add locations because I spend a lot of time staying in hotels, I find it easy to rate where I stay where I go for lunch etc.

I've often found other comments useful because they give a good indication and I try to be as honest as possible. Most of the pics I've taken have be on the fly and some have proven to be really popular.

Will definately keep going as it's a great way to find out beforehand what a place is really like.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing.

Level 6

I really dislike Yelp and would love for Google to be the go to place for reviews.  That is why I'm doing my best to make that happen.

Level 7

Salem Tamil Nadu India

فهد
Level 7

Feed your interest. We often visit our local areas even for the first time, so what you should do is take a photo of that place add on map, review the place about being useful, write Things for a new person to take care & then just post it. Its super simple and effective. Good luck.

Level 3

One of the most frustrating things for me is when I see a low rating for a place, but no suggestions for alternatives.

If at all possible, mention the name of a more reputable source for whatever it is you were looking for but couldn't find at the place you've giving a low rating.

Level 3

@St_Hawk wrote:

I'm actually new to Local Guides myself, but as a traveler, the only best tip I can offer is just explore. This world is a big one, and there's always something around the corner.

I was thinking of writing the same thing until I read your post!

I'm also fairly new and just enjoy exploring my city. That's what keeps me entering new information as an LG without it feeling like a chore.

Level 3

Greetings Arthandal,

Don't forget the parks and natural places. We know Indonesia as the land of beautiful jungles and volcanoes. Some day I will visit!

Level 10

Just be happy to help others ☺☺

Nabil Karem
Level 2

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

On this post, share your insights into:

• Taking great photos
  • Writing helpful, detailed reviews
  • Adding hidden or great new places
  • Answering questions
  • Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

end-of-year-celebration-950x475 (1).png

Try to do as best as i can to shear the wonders of this still interesting world. There is so much out there jet to be discovered. Hope there will be more beautiful things to see and awesome places to go to.  Have a wonderful 2017 traveling experience to all the people who contribute to this social experience° ! (: