BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

I try to write reviews that I would enjoy, which means not holding back on the humor.

That is all.That is all.

Level 3

Hi lovely people...

It was a great fun for me to share pics on Maps this year...the only great idea I had in mind when sharing them was: what would people look for when searching for a place...I know, my pics are not always good quality...but as a saying goes..every little helps..or something like this 🙂 have a great 2017 in shares and comments and VIEWS 🙂

Level 2

I'm new to this but will do my best. I'm definitely not a photographer but share what I have. I live in a beautiful state of Washington.

Level 3

Procuro agir da mesma forma.

Level 4

For restaurant reviews, I love the reviews that are specific. What dishes did you like? What you didn't like? And take lots of photos!

Level 3

mapping hidden places

I am a member of a local pottery co-op. Our facility is located in a large urban park, a place with no postal address. I tried every which way from home to set our location in the park, without success. One day, while at the co-op, I opened Google Maps, clicked on our location, and was able to set a marker and label. Whew. Who knew?

Level 5
Level 5

On adding hidden or great new places.

-Make a vist to the place.

-Talk to someone who is there. you may get a top for review.

-Ask of a way to reach them. Everyone needs someone at sometime.

-Ask to take a picture with them and of them.

-Ask if they would want the world to know about the great work they do?

-Publist the place right the WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.

Done.

Level 7

Re: best tips for Local Guides in New Year

I choose obscure places that any normal person who needs a solution turns to smart phone etc so i stream line thier ads putting a few of my best guess keywords and a photo of their establishment or a sign w hours posted on it to really attract potential customers more efficiently and effectively.

@BellaW wrote:

As Local Guides, you’re the explorers who share daily discoveries on Google Maps, from reviewing great lunch picks to photographing lesser known parks and other beautiful finds near you. While connected by a mission to make it easier (and tastier!) to navigate the world, each of you contributes in your own way. To celebrate all these efforts and kick off 2017, we’re compiling a list of your best tips from the past year.

On this post, share your insights into:

• Taking great photos
  • Writing helpful, detailed reviews
  • Adding hidden or great new places
  • Answering questions
  • Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)

Feel free to add anecdotes and inspiring stories about any of your favorite local finds and give kudos to anything added here that you find helpful

p.s. Check out our in-house photo expert @AnnaDickson’s tips on how to upload great photos to Google Maps.

end-of-year-celebration-950x475 (1).png

Level 6

Photos have to be original as much as possible. For me, all the modifies of each picture make false contributions. So you have not to

use the filters overall.

Level 10

Hi guys!
I really like editing Google maps, because better maps = accurate results and more correct informations.
So my advice is: Take a time for editing maps around your hometown a do it for others.