Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

الصوره تغني عن التعليق

Level 7

I always carry my iPhone 6S with me, and I frequent many local places.  I am a writer by nature.  

Linda Smith
Level 6

I am glade to be a part of local guide

My tips

Wake up more earlier than usual to get amazing picture

Level 8

Level 8

Hi @JasonN,

@JasonN wrote:

so...what happens when my drive space benefit expires?

Let's help keep the discussion on topic.

I will mention you in from a related topic.

Level 7

1- Be yourself.  Don't be afraid to express your personal feeling about locations but also keep it tactful.   Spewing negativity will only result in folks ignoring your reviews and contributions.  

2- Keep it short  it's a review, not a novel.  You need to be able to get your point across within 30 seconds- That is how long the average person spends looking at a review before moving on and saying that's too long! Clear pictures are a must.

3-Be Diverse and fun! Always remember people from all walks of life can be viewing your experiences with various places and vendors. 

4-Canned reviews are terrible "It was nice" is not a review.  Why was it nice?  A few pro's and con's, drop in a picture.  Make it lively -Catch their attention!

5-Always remember when reviewing a company that your review has the potential to bring customers or steer them away.  Be honest in your reviews, not mean or disrespectful (see #1)

That's really all I have to say about that as someone once said! 

Level 4

• 拍照Taking great photos
    • 掌握攝影技巧,構圖,ISO調整,EV值(Exposure Value),最後按下快門。
  • 評論Writing helpful, detailed reviews
    • 中立,客觀的角度,花一些時間想,把優點和缺點列出來。
  • 添加新地點Adding hidden or great new places
    • 瀏覽Google地圖,仔細地找尋地圖上的地點,若是重複,修改它,若沒有出現在地圖上,添加上去,添加的同時注意資訊的正確性。
  • 回答問題Answering questions
    • 盡可能的回答,若不確定問題的答案,跳過它。
  • 修正信息Tracking down missing and incorrect information (editing a place)
    • 同樣瀏覽Google地圖,若發現資訊有誤,搜尋地點相關資訊,小心的比對,一次就把所有錯誤資訊修改。

Lingshan Temple.JPG

Connect Moderator

Thanks @YK1001! I fixed the link on the original reply post.

Level 8

Dining at a restaurant? Share what you ordered and (maybe) why. It may be your regular item or something you've ordered elsewhere, but it might be something new for a reader of your review. Tell them about your impression of the service and the restaurant too. Convince them to go too, it stay away, as applicable. 🙂

Level 7

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I posted Episode 2, Part 1 of the Malaysian Tall Story. 

Synopsis:
A shopping mall run plays out like a cyberpunk story as absolutely nothing, including getting out of the train doors, seems to go smoothly. A rag tag team of runners rendezvous at a legendary chicken statue before raiding the mall for discounts and attempt to defuse a bomb. Really. I told you it's a Malaysian Tall Story!

Link:
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Malaysian-Tall-Stories-Episode-2-The-Sut...

Lady of the LakeLady of the LakeUmm I think we died?Umm I think we died?The Legendary Ayam (Chicken) Statue, Sutera Mall, MalaysiaThe Legendary Ayam (Chicken) Statue, Sutera Mall, Malaysia

A Lost Sheep in Delhi
https://lostsheepdelhi.wordpress.com