BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

As a local guide, I evolved over the time, and I knew something crucial that will not only explore the place but to define it and makes it visible or say prominent.

Tips:

1. While taking pictures of the tourist places, make sure the place is properly covered.

2. While writing review of any restaurant or cafe, ensure the timings and behavior of the staff those who manage the place.

3. Don't post selfies, it won't help.

4. While giving answers to a place, do answer correct. Don't rush for anything for the sake of points.

Level 3

I live in NYC and usually review restaurants. I always list a few items off the menu that really stood out to me as different or just plain great. If service, décor or anything jumps out I'll call that out as well.

I think it's important for reviews to be short and relevant. If it's a place I've never been, I always check LG for what to order, so that's what I try to contribute.

Cheers!

Level 6

My only tip will be that share the world as you see it thru your eyes, and the best way to do it is sharing your photos from your trips or locals.
Share the love for your place.

Level 3

I typically write reviews and take a photo when I have a good experience somewhere. 

When it's a small/local business where the experience is good it inspires me to want to help or promote that experience and let  others know this is a good spot. Good vibe, product, service etc. 

I try to gather as much information that could be valuable to the business owner and the future client.

By doing so we help give both the opportunity to have a good experience. 

boat detail 9.jpgmobile boat detailing and cleaning service in Seattle WA

Level 3

When visiting a place that you want to photograph, don't be afraid to venture out as a shower or rain storm is ending.  Instead of blue sky and fluffy white clouds you can capture really dramatic scenes.  This is Lincoln Cathedral after a storm system had passed through.Lincoln Cathedral.jpg

Level 8
Level 8

大家好,我從2016年開始練習記錄生活,記錄生活中的一點一滴。

Taking great photos

●拍照的時候同一個景,可以拍一張全景,一張近景。
  ●勇敢去嘗試不同的拍照手法。
  ●養成記錄的習慣,當我回過頭看的時候,已經累積不少文章。
  ●一開始不要想太多,想拍照就拍照,拍照是一件快樂的事情,不要搞得像工作一樣。
  ●寫文章跟拍照一定要玩得開心,不要變成一個工作

BLOGGER

Level 6

Be fair! Be honest! Be kind! & be truthful! 

I believe the importance of a review is to create a worthy knowledge base for future consumers to read about a product, person or business and make a decision whether to do more research, acquire that product or service or look elsewhere.

Making your review, short & enlightening with an added personal touch or remark about something you like or found unsatisfying is effective in creating a quality review. Photos are excellent additions to attach to a review. As the saying goes, "a photo speaks a thousand words."

As Google Guides, it is our duty & obligation to uphold integrity.

Most importantly, be positive and have a good outlook. Don't forget to bring friends! 

Enjoy your travels & new experiences! 

Level 6

Google Maps Name a significant impact in real life and people Google Maps has made a lot of sighted people after he was blind to it and over it nice to have a person has a positive contribution to this great edifice.

Level 3

Hi everyone. When it comes to the pictures I take, I've found that my wide angle lens on my phone does a fantastic job of capturing scenery or pictures of the inside of a restaurant. I use my regular camera to capture pictures of food items or taking close up shots of different things. When I write my review, I have to keep it honest, factual, and to the point. Many people will be checking reviews from their phones and they do not want to read literature or have to read between the lines in order to decide wether or not wether they want to eat at a certain restuarang or visit a particular place. I hope this helps someone. Thanks for reading.

Level 3

I am a new local guide. I try to be honest every i wrote my comment in every place i stayed. And if i have a best photo i always insert that photo's