BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

in my honest opinion, the best photos are those that use the natural lighting of the area, so as to let the viewers know what to expect when they themselves get to the spot, using flash, or composing an array of lights to beautify the area, lust makes for a nice picture, and raises peoples expectations of what it is they are going to.

if it is a restaurant, give people your veiw on how the food is, the price and the service. maybe a blow by blow (or chew by chew) account of how your time there was. just don't make it too long. people use the internet for expediency, meaning, selective short attention spans, they want it there and now. 

other places, like parks, or places of business, pictures are where it's at, let your camera work do the talking. a clean park, or a fully stocked aisle of goods are more likely to draw a crowd than a trashy park, or an aisle is a store with chunks of goods missing from their shelves. 

and finally, if you are going to write a review of a place, please, check your grammar. if you write a poorly done review that says nothing but good things about a place, that can drive potential visitors away rather than bring them in. at the very least, use proper spelling. that is all I have for now. thanks for reading this (if you did that is.)

Level 2

there are always two things I make sure that I do while adding info from places, especially retail locations. 1: Always ask permission to take photos, never assume it is ok to do so. 2: Ask tones of questions and let the owners/employees know what it is you are doing, they are more likely to give a plethora of information if you tell them that what you are doing is befitting them.  

Level 3

Do my best to help people reach their places of destination and they're looking for and make sure the correct and useful comments neutral in all honesty, transparency will be helpful and wonderful mentor with the wishes you well

Level 7

Lo mas importante es ser conocedor de la ciudad, salir a lugares y conocer negocios, por cuestiones de mi trabajo ha sido facil adquirir las fotografías e información para llegar a nivel 5.

Bienvenidos a Medellin y Colombia

JUAN CAMPANA
Level 7

Interesting & Enthusiastic

More curious on how Google implement new features in coming days. More enthusiastic to serve our Local Guides community better.

Level 3

Hi there.

My name is Tony and I am a 'local guide' from South Wales, in the United Kingdom. I enjoy taking pictures of the various locations I visit and I love writing reviews. 

So, my tips:

i.)
In relation to taking great photos, it is really subjective; as one person's 'bad' photo is another's person's great photo, however, I would recommend taking an overall snapshot of the area you are taking a photo of (e.g., stand at a good vantage point, and snap the whole area) that way, you are giving people an overall of the area. Another hint would be stabilisation. Do not be afraid to get down onto the ground to really snap that photo.

ii.)
Suppose the key advice here is is to be as honest as you can! What you experience, put it in the review and, of course, be objective and subjective about it.

iii.)
We all know hidden gems, as they were. Again, what appeals to you as beautiful is likely to to your captive audience. So that place you find beautiful? Make it beautiful in words. Translate what you see into words. Be fluid.

iv.)
Always answer question honestly and, I think the key modus operandi here is, is when you go into a shop, take in as much of the environment in as possible! Think when you are shopping: 'hmm. Is this place friendly for disabled people' for example. So bare in mind common sense question and of course, answer as you see.

v.)
If you come across information that you know is wrong, simply correct it. However, if you are unsure? Go and check it out if it is not too far.

Many thanks to the team at Google for making this possible and, of course; to all the local guides who make this plan come together.

Best wishes:

Matthew A

Level 2

Visiting lots of new places has become more often in my juridical practice. That's why I try to cut some time to write down about them or to take some photos of them. Doing this makes me feel as if I'm July Cesar! ))

Level 8

I believe that one of the greatest missions of the Local Guides is to bring useful information to those who need it.
If you don't have the time to register or contribute with every single place you go, at least take the following tips:

- Places to eat and Hotels have higher priority, try to contribute as much as possible with this kind of place.

- Next, the second type of most important places are the general need, Hospitals, Pharmacies, repair shops, Public bodies (city hall, forum, etc.), market, etc.

- The third most important type are the shops in general, such as clothing store, computers, pilates, etc.

- Do not skimp on the photographs, I even take pictures of the bathrooms.

- Leave your opinion in the comments but try to be a little impartial as to your personal taste. Describe as much as possible how the place was, how the quality of the service was, and the quality of the food or service. Do not be afraid to be honest, but always use polite words.

That's it!
Hugs to all!
Lucas Kellermann

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
Level 8

Eu acredito que uma das maiores missões dos Guias Locais é levar informação útil à quem precisa.
Se você não tem tempo para cadastrar ou contribuir com todo lugar que frequenta, pelo menos leve em consideração as seguintes dicas:

- Locais para comer e Hoteis tem maior prioridade, tente contribuir o máximo possível com esse tipo de local.

- Em seguida, o segundo tipo de local mais importante são os de necessidade geral, Hospitais, Farmácias, Oficinas mecânicas, Orgãos públicos (prefeitura, forum, etc.), mercado, etc..

- O terceiro tipo mais importante, são os comercios em geral, como loja de roupa, informática, pilates, etc..

- Não economize nas fotografias, eu mesmo tiro fotos até dos banheiros.

- Deixe sua opinião nos comentários mas tente ser um pouco imparcial quanto ao seu gosto. Descreva o máximo possível como é o local, como foi a qualidade do atendimento, e a qualidade da comida ou serviço. Não tenha medo de ser sincera, mas sempre use palavras educadas.

É isso aí!
Abraços à todos!
Lucas Kellermann

Level 8

Great tips, that's the idea.