BellaWi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Share your best tips for other Local Guides in the New Year here

when ever i got the car i will update every single place of my county with best pictures and reviews

Level 6

Una recensione viene vista molto di più se c'é una foto.

@BrunoP wrote:

OK!

For me, the most important thing is a detailed review. Photos are great of course, but nothing better than a review with all experience details, the smaller things...

Level 7

Un consejo que también doy para este año, fotografiar y nombrar edificios públicos, horarios, teléfonos. Muchas veces no sabes que horario tiene una oficina de empleo, para tramitar un documento, ir al cementerio y un largo etcétera. Muchas poblaciones dan muy poca información, y es interesante para los que vienen de fuera ó para aquellos que van poco tener la ficha rellena, con fotografía de horario y alguna foto para localizarlo.

Level 3

Good review

I always try to include a real experience. The dish I ate, the restaurant I discovered around the corner from the hotel, the time it takes to walk from A to B. People seem to appreciate that. Include a picture of the menu of a restaurant. List some positives and some possible improvements. Be real. 

Level 3

I never shared my reviews or photos earlier than 2016. I started last year and I found it very much interesting.

I am a foodie, so wherever I go I try to taste the food first and give an honest review. If the place is beautiful I will take photos and share it from a different angle. Not like the ones that already existed in the archive.

Going to visit two countries this year and hope to bring more fun into my contribution.

And you know what, your mobile is your best friend.

Level 3

For me the best pictures have a good range of what is actually happening or what people will see and experience. The idea is to share exactly what I experience so that when the reader comes in my review and picture are accurate to the experience. Taking a picture of a bench for instance doesn't do much. I care about the bench bc seating is an important factor, but it also matters if the dumpster is across from the bench. Get pictures of the true scene and be truthful in reviews. 

Level 7

I used it, to do something useful for the community. every day open map and check something wrong.
at weeken come to hostpital , gov,school, business...... and help them take some picture 360 degree.
I wish next time business at my location will come better 😉

Street View Trusted Photographer | Phu Quoc Island
Level 8

Living in a touristic city on my country and wanting to not only locals but foreigns people know a place, is the main reason I write reviews and participate on Local Guides. There's many dumb, off topic and not helpful reviews out there, so my goal is to always give the main reason on why one should go or avoid certain places. So my mission is to help others in a serious, professional(ish) way to know my city.

Level 5
Level 5

Your mobile is truely your best friend!

Level 3

I give quick reviews explaining what I appreciate there, and/or what I didn't enjoy. Food quality, service, atmosphere, and maybe what kind of food. My pictures are usually from the outside, and I like to make sure there is context (other buildings), so people can recognize it and find it whether they are familiar with the area or not. I like to think of my target audience as people visiting my city.