LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Share your best reviews - suggestions and best practicies

I would like to start a thread sharing your best reviews, for reference to new members and as an aim to increase review quality.

As you know, since some months we receive +5 additional points for 200+ char reviews; here we are not talking about, here we are focusing on quality and usefulness.

Share here your best reviews, and try to explain why you think this is a good review.

As reference, a good review should:

• be based on your own, first hand, authentic experience
  • be polite and, also when negative, don't be offensive
  • reflect the category and essence of the place (i.e. a Vegan should not review negatively a Burger restaurant)
  • be descriptive and easy to read
  • not contain reference to other sites and external rating services

These are the general Guidelines: https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/#topic=7422769

24 comments
Level 10

Re: Share your best reviews - suggestions and best practicies

I will start with my Yosemite NPS review

https://goo.gl/maps/9C9dgrBHVRC2

I think I did my job, with some useful tricks, some photos and my personal experience.

Level 8

This is my honest review which must have helped so many people who use look for jobs.

Screenshot_20180105-172830__01.jpg

This a negative impact by this is my best review :). I just edited today and took word. @LucioV

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 10

@Jagadeesh_Reddy wrote:

This is my honest review which must have helped so many people who use look for jobs.

Screenshot_20180105-172830__01.jpg

This a negative impact by this is my best review :). I just edited today and took word. @LucioV

Thanks! Can you share privately the review? I'm curious.

Level 10

This is my most appreciated (positive) review, about Fontana di Trevi: https://goo.gl/maps/vAWSAqgcHJx

It's nothing special, but is all from my own thoughts.

My most appreciated reviews are for businesses that i will not share here, as extremely negative.

Level 10

Level 10

This isn't a review, but it's my feedback on a recent change to Google Apps.

Hopefully it's not too irrelevant to this thread. Awesome work on getting people to share their reviews, Lucio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new feature that tries to get you to rate a place after you submit an edit is really, really annoying. Please stop pestering me for reviews! Just because I know enough about a place to make an edit doesn't mean that I'm ready to give it a star rating.

You're making Google Maps act like a cheap, poorly built app that serves up too many annoying advertisements with this new window that asks you too often to rate businesses.

This feature doesn't seem to mesh with Google's overall philosophy of not annoying the customer. Plus, with the timing, you're going to get a lot of people accidentally clicking on it, and accidentally leaving 2-star ratings. That's why I say you're making it like a cheap app that's trying to fetch ad revenue by accidental clicks. You're trying to get accidental ratings, but in my head it's the same thing.

Level 10

Well @JosephDewey not exactly a review ... 🙂 but you can post it to the Google entry in Google Maps!!! 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @LucioV, that's an interesting topic, especially when we all are trying to write more descriptive reviews on maps. So, did you mean to say the most 'liked' reviews or the best review that I have posted?

The below review is probably the most liked one among all my reviews, but that is not my best review. I am still looking for the one that I posted around 2 years back, on a location in Sylhet. But I am not finding it on maps. Let me look for it, Will share it later. 

Screenshot_20180112-172410.png

Level 10

Awesome review, @SoniaK . I look forward to when you find your best review!