AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Share photos from India’s festivals on Google Maps

@AradhanaB hai

India can be included for the lot of festival lot of people i can be in south india it can be called at festival india

Tamil nadu can be celeberte the festivals of lot in happly

Now i can explan the Pongal festival in tamilnadu it can be included lot oh historic storiesBhogi-Pongal.jpgsankranti-or-pongal.jpg

Mid-January is an important time in the Tamil calendar. The harvest festival, Pongal, falls typically on the 14th or the 15th of January and is the quintessential 'Tamil Festival'. Pongal is a harvest festival, a traditional occasion for giving thanks to nature, for celebrating the life cycles that give us grain. Tamilians say 'Thai pirandhaal vazhi pirakkum', and believe that knotty family problems will be solved with the advent of the Tamil month Thai that begins on Pongal day.

The First Day

This first day is celebrated as Bhogi festival in honor of Lord Indra, the supreme ruler of clouds that give rains. Homage is paid to Lord Indra for the abundance of harvest, thereby bringing plenty and prosperity to the land.

The Second Day

Pongal FestivalOn the second day of Pongal, the puja or act of ceremonial worship is performed when rice is boiled in milk outdoors in a earthenware pot and is then symbolically offered to the sun-god along with other oblations.

The Third Day

The third day is known as Mattu Pongal, the day of Pongal for cows. Multi-colored beads, tinkling bells, sheaves of corn and flower garlands are tied around the neck of the cattle and then are worshiped. They are fed with Pongal and taken to the village centers. The resounding of their bells attract the villagers as the young men race each other's cattle.

The Fourth Day

The Fourth day is known as Knau or Kannum Pongal day. On this day, a turmeric leaf is washed and is then placed on the ground. On this leaf are placed, the left overs of sweet Pongal and Venn Pongal, ordinary rice as well as rice colored red and yellow, betel leaves, betel nuts, two pieces of sugarcane, turmeric leaves, and plantains.

5370637908_f0afb2cb3c_b.jpg

JAillikattu

jaillikattu is very famous in worl madhurai area alaganaillur jaillikattu world famous in tamil youngesters happly to partspate the jaillikattu if fully in happy

Level 8

Photo Walk and Contest [RECAP]

I just had an amazing experience in DURGA PUJA in this year. Every year I went my birthplace Rajshahi for celebrating Durga Puja.

Durga Puja is the biggest religious festival of Bengali Hindus. This time I was at capital Dhaka. I visited lots of places this time in and around the Dhaka.

In the occasion of the Durga Puja, we announced a Photo Walk and a Contest based on the captured photo for Photo Walk. We got many responses for the contest. Also, we got some amazing photos from participants. Here I am sharing some of the photos and the album link from the Photo Walk and the Contest.

At Dhakeshwari Mondir (National Temple of Bangladesh)At Dhakeshwari Mondir (National Temple of Bangladesh)

For this festival, people are making some temporary stages for Puja. I got some photos of mindblowing lighting around the city.

At BananaiAt BananaiAt BananaiAt BananaiAt KalabaganAt KalabaganAt KalabaganAt Kalabagan

At BananiAt Banani

Lighting at the entrance of the temple lightingLighting at the entrance of the templeLighting at the entrance of the temple

By walking I found a village fare selling some traditional and local handmade products.

IMG_3448.JPGIMG_3459.JPGIMG_3465.JPGIMG_3477.JPG

Dear all local guides member. Hope you will like this photos. In this contest, we got some amazing photos and participants. We will be sharing the winner's name on our next meet up. Which will be the 75th meet up of Bangladesh Local Guides.

Level 10

Picture of durga puja in West Bengal.India 2017

D7001.jpg

D7005.jpg

D7015.jpg

D7086.jpg

D7121.jpg

D7134.jpg

D7143.jpg

D7156.jpg

D7167.jpg

D7132.jpg

D7122.jpg

D7211.jpg

D7232.jpg

D7233.jpg

D7241.jpg

D7257.jpg

D7276.jpg

D7286.jpg

D7290.jpg

D7312.jpg

D7342.jpg

Picture of Durga Puja India 2017

Jayanta Ghosh
Level 10

Re: Photo Walk and Contest [RECAP]

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos from durga puja @SajolKDas.

How you guys will choose the winner? Is it depends on photo quality or something else? 

Thanks 

Waiting for the winner name...

Level 8

Re: Photo Walk and Contest [RECAP]

@AkmalB You are welcome.

Actually, we invited three professional photographers as a judging panel.

The panel will select the winner.

We will invite the winner on our 75th meet up for handing over the prize. Keep your eye open. We will share that event here.

Level 3

Diwali Lights

Hello everybody

I am looking for Diwali sizziling  lights, does any one know the where can i shop for the same as there is no stock on Amazon

Level 9

Share The Photos Of Diwali Shoppings

Hai friends...,

Few days to start the color full day of DIwali

Now i can start the shopping Of Dresses Of Crackers

Happy to welcome the diwali festivals

Ur all to share the Ur shopping Photos and comments share us.....,

Happy memory for ALL

HAPPY DIWALIdiwali-lighting-crackers.jpg

Level 4

Re: Share photos from India’s festivals on Google Maps

Chandauli nice  views of the indian I spiritual status have great  idia of uniting  in diversity 

Level 7

Diwali

Hey guys,

I'm akash

The festival of lights & our hearts

Is coming

The Diwali festival

So capture photos where you shopping of Diwali & post it on google maps

Level 3

Happy Diwali everyone

Happy Diwali everyone...