AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Share photos from India’s festivals on Google Maps

Caption: Showcase your best festival photos of Durga Puja, Navratri, Dussehra on Google MapsCaption: Showcase your best festival photos of Durga Puja, Navratri, Dussehra on Google Maps

Local Guides in India, have you noticed the slight stir in the air? Your favorite mithai shops are gearing up to prepare large orders of sweets and snacks like chaklis and jalebis. The trendiest designs are on display at the local saree shops, and the queues outside the jewellers are getting longer and longer. Also, the next few months in your calendar have a great many red lettered holidays.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year—the festival season—and Local Guides can share photos of the celebrations right on Google Maps.

The season kickstarts with Navratri, the festival of nine nights. Then comes Durga Puja, when the country rejoices in Goddess Durga’s stunning victory over the demon Mahishasura. The end of the nine nights marks the epic victory of Lord Rama over the King Ravana in a celebration of good over evil with Dussehra. Twenty one days later, the country will sparkle and dazzle with Diwali, India’s glorious festival of lights.

We’re happy to let you know that this year, Google Maps can help you navigate the celebrations in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad. In those cities, look for pandals right on the map during the festivals.

And no matter where you are in the country, you can share the festivities on Google Maps. Take photos of pandals and dance festivals as you celebrate. Then, add them to temples, festival grounds, parks, and other venues on the map.

What kind of photographs can you add?

As Local Guides, you’re the eyes and ears of your city. You know your city the best. So show us how your city puts up a show! When you visit a pandal, add photos of the Puja and decorations. Take pictures at the Navratri dances you’re attending, and the colorful dresses spotted at the events. Festivals are incomplete without photos of the delectable snacks and sweets, so click pictures from your favorite mithai shops.

This is your chance to get creative with the photos! Whether you’re photographing the Gods and Goddesses, the devotee or the foodie, be sure to capture the colors, the lighting, and the mood. As always, every photo you add will earn you five Local Guides points.

Are you ready to show your favorite festivities to the world?    

India
102 comments
Level 5

navratree fastiv

jai mata dijai mata di

jai mata dijai mata di

TMPDOODLE1506148202909.jpg

Level 10

Re: Share photos from India’s festivals on Google Maps

@AradhanaB I had initiated a similar kind of post where I had asked everyone to contribute..you could have shared your photos in that thread. Anyway...I will surely contribute

Level 8

Yeaaay!!! We r ready!!!!

Wish u a happy Durga Puja!!!

@AradhanaB

#CoochBehar local guides

Connect Moderator

Happy Navratri an Durga Pooja @AradhanaB

I've already shared here live Navratri festival event daily with all local guides.

Watch Live India's Festival

Worlds Longest and Largest Dancing Festival - NAVRATRI Live 🔴

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Worlds-Longest-and-Largest-Dancing-Festi...

Read about Navratri festival

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib?hl=en-US&nogmmr=1

Link provided in the mail not working! Any new link?

Level 9

Wonderful @AradhanaB 

amazing photos and exper photographer. 

Thank you for sharing this with us sister and good luck to all Indian LG

Level 8

Goddess Durga, near South khagrabari ClubGoddess Durga, near South khagrabari Club

Level 10

amazing photo😍😍

Level 9

Hi @AradhanaB we are ready also. Just wait today...........

We celebrates this festival with Google map & local guides connect.

Thank you.

Newton Pakhira