StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Share a great Biryani (Briyani) place near your area

I have been to many places serving pretty decent Biryani, and sometimes, it is the hidden or relatively unknown places that surprises me. Share with us here some of your favorite Biryani restaurants and tag a location from Google Maps, so others can explore when in the vicinity. 

I have been travelling through Malabar coast over a month ago and have passed through Kannur, Thalassery which boasts some pretty good BIryani. However, my hidden gem of a wonderful Biryani was actually found in Fort Kochi area. It is an unassuming place, smallish restaurant but always ever packed with people throughout the day. 

Kayees Rahmathulla Cafe, കായേസ് രഹമതുള്ള കഫെ (https://goo.gl/maps/oMts173ZXLt), is located not too far from the ferry terminal in Fort Kochi, Kerala. They are great for both their beef and chicken biryani, lots of variations provided. The specialty is also their very flavorful puli inji with dates which they make in-house, which means tamarind ginger chutney (the dark brown sauce in the condiment photo below). The rice is wonderfully flavored with very aromatic spices which I don't find in most other restaurants, and the condiments work so well with the rice. When you get here, be ready for a long queue. Prices are really reasonable, I remembered paying about INR 160 for a chicken Biryani which is about USD 2.50

What's your secret Biryani place? 

@Sudhi@rashidmoidu@jijishthomas@SriramW@ArunMuralidhar@Sariga @Mahadheer@AravindBalagopalan

Small unassuming restaurantSmall unassuming restaurantServed with papadam, puli inji (with dates), raita and picklesServed with papadam, puli inji (with dates), raita and picklesExtremely flavorful riceExtremely flavorful riceBest eaten with all condimentsBest eaten with all condiments

Kerala, India
10 comments
Level 7

Re: Share a great Biryani (Briyani) place near your area

The best Biriyani restaurant in my area (near Kozhencherry) is Biriyani Plus which is now part of Le Palace Hotel, located at Maramon, Kozhencherry. I will update the details and photo when i go next time.

Level 8

@StephenAbraham, My favourite is 'Hotel Rahmath' in Calicut. Because it's the place where you get best Beef Biriyani in Kerala.

Level 8

Wow, Looks delicous.

Thanks for sharing @StephenAbraham

Chicken Biryani is one of my Favorite food too. 

Thanks, Niraj

Level 6

Rahmath Hotel serves the best Biryani in Calicut. Especially Beef Biriyani.

Level 7

Happy to see you here steve. 

Well... The food culture in Malabar and the other region is very different. For Malabar the great Thalassery biryani stand out. When you come to Kozhikode, best place to have biryani is The Paragon Restaurant and the Rahmath Restaurant. 

Every biryani has its own change in taste from different restaurants. But it's fun to try all of them.

Level 6

@StephenAbraham  @SriramW@rashidmoidu  @NirajBhusal  @AjvadPV

The best biriyani I had was from hotel rahmath in calicut

Map : https://goo.gl/maps/HrFjsnDPZxp

I came to know about this place from my friend. When I heard the name I thought it would be a small shop without crowd. But when I reached the place i was amazed by seeing the the hotel with a heavy crowd. I ordered beef biriyani and I just had to wait get it due to the crowd . The taste and quality of the biriyani was a great reward for the wait. 

Level 7

That's great!

Level 7

All Major hotels in Calicut serves tasty biriyanis.. Rahmath Hotel needs a special reference here. Bombay, Sagar, Paragon etc. offer comparatively better biriyanis

Level 6

@StephenAbraham The best Biryani Restaurant in my area is Madeena hotel Paravanna, Near Tirur Malappuram