Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Share a beautiful photo of the rainy season

Caption: A photo of the Jersey City, NJ skyline from Manhattan on a cloudy day (Atsuko Takahashi)Caption: A photo of the Jersey City, NJ skyline from Manhattan on a cloudy day (Atsuko Takahashi)Caption: A photo of the Jersey City, NJ skyline from Manhattan on a cloudy day (Atsuko Takahashi)

Rainy season comes at different times of the year, depending on what part of the world you live in. In India, where it is called the summer monsoon, it usually extends from July into November. Rain may fall without stopping for several days at a time and 80 percent of the country’s annual precipitation occurs. Similar rainy seasons occur elsewhere in South and Southeast Asia.

In other regions, such as the lands around the Caribbean Sea, rainy season often means hot humid days punctuated by brief, heavy rain showers at the same time each afternoon.

Do you enjoy the wet season? Are you happy walking in the rain, like the children who jump in puddles? Or are you worried about keeping your feet dry? I hope you enjoy the beauty of rain as much as I do. The sound of raindrops is peaceful and relaxing. The special light of a rainy day may inspire you to take beautiful photos --- but remember to keep your camera dry!

Here are a few great posts and photos about rain that have been published by Local Guides.

Caption: Kilab-Kilab Falls (Bohol, Philippines) on a Rainy Day by kathydgypsyCaption: Kilab-Kilab Falls (Bohol, Philippines) on a Rainy Day by kathydgypsyCaption: Kilab-Kilab Falls (Bohol, Philippines) on a Rainy Day by kathydgypsy

Now, it’s your turn! In the comments below, share your rainy photos and any tips you may have learned while taking them.

You can also add the best image to the place where you took it on Google Maps, and share the URL here.  

------------
31 comments
Level 9

Re: Share a beautiful photo of the rainy season

Yeaaah we have a lot of rainy seasons here in Kuala Lumpur.

I'll come back & post my best photo's  🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Atsukot for your nice post.

l did try to take a picture from rain, but I was to late and it was to cold... 😢BCBAD843-A021-4AE9-A819-077356003D36.jpeg

But somehow I was able to handle this.

https://goo.gl/maps/zL3ZmY5Z4WU2

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

@Atsukot thanks a lot for share my post in there 🙂  hope other people also like Bangladeshi rainy seasion

20170519_151011.jpg

HumHum water fall trail

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Thanks @Atsukot for sharing my post. 

I do enjoy rain and the relaxing sound created 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

Level 8

Hi @Atsukot

Here's a rainy season photo from my archive. The lighting from a car brings life to this photo.

Rain, Streets flooded with water at night, Male City, MaldivesRain, Streets flooded with water at night, Male City, Maldives

Sunshine while it rained. :)Sunshine while it rained. 🙂

This is the tropical Maldives - Rain while the sun shines. 🙂

Cheers

Level 8

A & J Maldivian Rain Dance

Hi Local Guides

My inspiration to post this video from @Atsukot's post "Share a beautiful photo of the rainy season" 🙂

Since the post asked to post a photo i am posting this as a separate post. If you feel it can be merged there, I do not mind merging it to that post.

Please check this video. 🙂  @ArielleM_ @LucioV

Cheers

Level 8

Re: A & J Maldivian Rain Dance

@LucioV So it's absolutely perfect even when it rains in the Maldives. 🙂

Ciao