Connect Moderator

Share Your Google Maps Stories

Hello everyone!

Yesterday the Google Maps twitter account tweeted the following:

Storytime! Has Google Maps ever helped you:

A. Navigate through a jungle?
B. Find your missing cat?

We want to know your Google Maps stories. Share them below ⬇️

As soon as I saw it I thought it would be really interesting to read responses to this tweet from Local Guides considering how much we use Google Maps, so I am bringing this topic to Connect so everyone can share experiences they had where Maps was really helpful, for everyone that doesn't use Twitter or wants more characters to write their experiences ☺️

Because of my bad sense of direction Maps is really useful to me everyday, but it is especially helpful in vacations because of features like lists, My Maps and offline Maps. My most interesting story happened in a vacation in NYC with my family, after a day of non-stop walking. It isn't as interesting as the examples the tweet gave but here it goes:

My mom's feet were hurting, one of the pair of shoes she had brought to the trip had broken and the other wasn't so comfortable, so soon as we arrived in the hotel, my mom told me to search for a place close where she could buy comfortable shoes. So I did, I think I searched for "comfortable shoes near me" (or maybe I didn't know about the "near me" feature at that time), after reading reviews and looking at photos of some stores I decided one that sold a single brand because almost every review said they were the most comfortable shoes. We went and she asked for "really comfortable walking shoes" and the employee showed her the huge section they had of shoes whose description might have been "really comfortable walking shoes". They became her favorite brand, and after 5 years she continues talking about that day and how if I had chosen a different place she wouldn't have known those shoes were so good (she really loves them ?).

My mom's favorite shoesMy mom's favorite shoes  

This was before I became a Local Guide, but I think that experience influenced on me becoming one because it made me realize how important having the information that we provide in our contributions can be when making decisions.

What about you? Do you have a Google Maps story to tell?

I'm tagging some people that might: @HiteshPapaniya @MiaMaria @ValeriaA_ @FaridTDF @OSAMA @Sagir

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Share Your Google Maps Stories

Gracias por el tag @Jesi, para estos días público una historia de estas veremos como sale  🙂

Una sugerencia Jesi, para darle efecto al post, sácale una foto a uno de los zapatos de tu mamá y agregarlo en el post quedará muy bien 😀👍👡

Saludos Farid

👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF wrote:

Gracias por el tag @Jesi, para estos días público una historia de estas veremos como sale  🙂

Una sugerencia Jesi, para darle efecto al post, sácale una foto a uno de los zapatos de tu mamá y agregarlo en el post quedará muy bien 😀👍👡

Saludos Farid

👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Dale, gracias por la idea! Más tarde les saco una foto.

Level 9

Betreff: Share Your Google Maps Stories

@Jesi Nice post and story!! Reading it made me smile 🙂

I don’t really know if I have such a story🧐 I just know that I love what I’m doing as a LG. Google maps helped me so many times!!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

Very very nice story from great storyteller @Jesi 🙂

I am sure your mom very proud of you ,

For me one of my daily routine now is Google Map Traffic I love it , even my daughter's , my nephew's &  everyone take a ride with me enjoy , 

How I said Ok Google take me to ...

And then start navigation "after 100M turn left and one the roundabout take the second exit , after 300M your destination   will be on the right "😁 much of fun 

Level 8

Thanks for tagging me .

Google maps helps me every time every day . One time it helps me lot when I go at different city for some work I'm alone there I'm not knowing any one who help me to find right place at right time that time maps helps me lot to find exact place and I reached place right time . Really a appreciate thing.

Hitesh