Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Shabdiz , My Fellow Traveller

In the north of Kermanshah and beside Taq E Bostan Mountain there is a Stone Statue of a horse that was about 1500 years ago, and the horse of Iran's King Khosroparviz.
The King of Iran loved it so much, and they say that the king and his horse talked together.
The name of this horse has been Shabdiz, and has been one of the most powerful warriors and smart horses of his time, and has loved his owner.

Khosrow(King of Iran) loved the horse so much that he gave him his food, and he swore he would be killed immediately if anyone told him about his death.
One day, the man and his guard rushed to Barbad, The Harp's musician, and the intimate friend of the Shah and Barbad was pleased with him, and when he received the king's receipt, he grabbed a harp and spoke while singing: "The Shabdiz( Horse of The King) no longer moves and no longer sleeps" .
The King shouted, "Shabdiz died?"
Barbad replied: "My King, you said this", Khosrow said: "Well Done!! , you who saved both yourself and others from death."
After the death of Shabdiz, Khosrow buried the horse with great ceremonies and ordered to make a stone statue of him, and he cried whenever he was contemplating the statue.

This photo is Shabdiz in Taq E Bostan near the Kermanshan (My City)
The name of my Car and my Fellow traveler is Shabdiz, and during my many years of traveling has always been with me, he has never left me alone and we travel always together.  

Taq-e BostanTaq-e Bostan
Me and ShabdizMe and Shabdiz

ShabdizShabdiz

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

ShabdizShabdiz

ShabdizShabdiz

ShabdizShabdiz

ShabdizShabdiz

ShabdizShabdiz

Best Regards
Rezgar 

Kermanshah, Kermanshah Province, Iran
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Shabdiz , My Fellow Traveller

Hey @Rezgar,

I really enjoyed reading your post and I think that it's pretty cool that you have named your car to a famous horse!

Fun fact: I also gave names to my bike and my motorcycle. 🙂

Cheers

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @KlaudiyaG

Thank you for your attention my dear friend

I love my car like the king of Iran who loves his horse:)))

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 9

Amaazing posts and photos @Rezgar :))))

and congraats , the team choose your post as one of the best 🙂

Level 6

Shabdiz is a real beast - ploughing through the sand like that - It looks great fun!

Well done @Rezgar on having your topic voted Post of the Week by the moderators

Well done @OSAMA too 🙂

Level 10

Thank you, Bro @OSAMA
When I was writing this post I remember you, I hope that one day I and you and Shabdiz will see Iran's Lut desert.

Best Regards
Rezga

Level 9

Amen bro @Rezgar , one day i am sure we will meet and enjoy this spectacular desert 

@Rezgar wrote:

Thank you, Bro @OSAMA
When I was writing this post I remember you, I hope that one day I and you and Shabdiz will see Iran's Lut desert.

Best Regards
Rezga

Level 10

Thanks a lot, Bro @James8Arthur
I am very glad to hear it. There is nothing better than to hear that your photos and videos and reviews have helped to know better the country, the city or place on the map.
@BruceDM and @KlaudiyaG Do you think so too?
My friends @OSAMA and @James8Arthur think this post should be chosen as the best post of the week?

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

waiting to see you soon Bro @OSAMA 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

My dear friend @Rezgar ,

You do ongoing such an amazing presentation of Iran and the cultural heritage, that from week to week I feel growing the need to visit your country once. 

My brother did this some years ago and still tells about the enormous cultural diamonds you have in Iran.

I instantly hope to be able to visit Iran 🇮🇷 once in my lifetime! Thank you so much!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r