Septarina_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Septarina on Local Guides: an Awesome Experience

IntroductionPicsArt_04-19-02.13.30.jpg

Hi, my name is Septarina, born in Lampung and living in Bandung. I am a nomad who has lived in Bandung for 8 years and a private company employee. I am Local Guides for Bandung and has reached level 8. I like to travel around my local area and tasting local dishes for know many local cultures. In addition, I also like to take pictures of scenery and the beautiful nature of Bandung which I share on social media. My other hobbies are cooking and baking. I do that activity when I'm free and being bored. I do not have much time to contribute on Google Maps, just the weekend I usually take the time to explore places and contributed in Google Maps.

Joining a Local Guides programMy profile in Google MapsMy profile in Google Maps

My Contribution in Google MapsMy Contribution in Google Maps

My initial joining in a Local Guides program is because I like to take pictures of scenery and atmosphere however I do not know what I have to do with it if left alone. Finally when I was on vacation to a tourist spot, I got a notification from Google Maps for sharing the photos that I took. From there, I started sharing my previously stored photos in my device's storage for sharing to Google Maps and useful for everyone. From small things like sharing my photos to Google Maps, I know what are the other benefits of a Local Guides program. It's great that I can provide reviews, provide ratings, help answer questions, and meet fellow people who have the same mission to become Local Guides. This I have never imagined before, an excellent program to introduce about what little is known about what is interesting from somewhere. From the interest of joining this program and meeting the people who share the same mission, I finally ventured to hold a photo walk meet up in one of the historic, first and only places in Indonesia, the place is Bosscha Observatory. the meet up was very enjoyable and very memorable for me and the others because it turns out many of us Local Guides who have never visited the place. And this month, April 27, I will hold a similar meetup in the same place, but for a different time of visit at night.

My first hosted meetup at Bosscha ObservatoryMy first hosted meetup at Bosscha Observatory

In addition, I also quite actively participate in meetups that organized by Local Guides Bandung. Many Local Guides programs gave me wider experience and friendship for me to get to know the local culture and wisdom in Bandung. from here, I began to contribute to introduce anything interesting owned by the Bandung city, like I made a list places on Google Maps of city parks (I have made an article about this), tours, culinary tours, and shopping in Bandung. Other list about places in Bandung can be seen in my profile maps.

Local Guides Bandung after meetup foodcrawl Nyate @Kampoeng MaranggiLocal Guides Bandung after meetup foodcrawl Nyate @Kampoeng Maranggi

Lastly, on my own initiative, I began to make a communication forum, [FORUM KOMUNITAS] Bandung Local Guides | Kenalan, Berbagi, Diskusi, Info at Local Guides Connect for new Local Guides want to get acquainted, find out the agenda info of our next meetups, and see our achievements and activities as a Bandung Local Guides community. And the response was positive, because from the communication forum I also got new friends and they can easily know what we accomplished.

Impact from Local Guides and Gapura DigitalI am in the Gapura DigitalI am in the Gapura Digital

I have the proud stories from joining a Local Guides community. In addition to my Local Guides program, I also attended the training from Google Indonesia about online business marketing strategy that is called Gapura Digital. From the Gapura Digital, I learned and understood that what I got in the Gapura Digital can be applied and impacted also in my activities as a Local Guides. From there, I can get to know more people, I can also help small business to float and encourage their efforts to be widely known by people around the world through Google Maps and Google My Business. Some of them are quite helped and able to increase their revenue thanks to providing accurate information on Google Maps and verified in the Google My Business service. This big impact is certainly proud for me and beneficial to many people. Because of what I know, it can change people's view of the importance of providing accurate information on Google Maps and Google My Business as a way to better know and easily communicate with their customers.

What's My Next Goals?My Badges I've earnedMy Badges I've earned

After getting to know impact and share with my Local Guides in my area, I want to get to know more and share with other Local Guides around the world what they know about their area. That's why I want to follow the big agenda in this year of Connect Live 2018. I see Connect Live as a great event that brings Local Guides from around the world to change information, thoughts and experiences while being a Local Guides. This experience is certainly very exciting and useful for me and all of them because we can exchange information, thoughts, and even promote their respective tours, maybe someday I can become a real Local Guides for them when they visit Bandung and gladly I will guide them. On the agenda of the largest Local Guides meetup this year, I am also bring hope that I can get to know people know Indonesia especially Bandung is famous for its unique history and culture.

Thank you for attention☺️

Bandung, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
29 comments
Level 1

Re: Septarina on Local Guides: an Awesome Experience

Nice😍i like u good 😍😍😍😍😍 .

Level 10

@Septarina_H Nice introduction and wish you good luck. 

Connect Moderator

This is great @Septarina_H 

It is lovely knowing you...

Kind regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Hi @Septarina_H

As I know the Indonesian local guides are so active and such dedicated local guides in every effort,

It's a good introduction,and nice to know about your local guide journey,

I will say best of luck and regards

Have a nice day

Level 8

@AhmedAlghareeb wrote:

Nice😍i like u good 😍😍😍😍😍 .

Thank you @AhmedAlghareeb☺️

Level 10

Great job @Septarina_H. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 🙂

All the best for connect live!

Level 8

@AnuradhaP wrote:

@Septarina_H Nice introduction and wish you good luck. 

Thanks @AnuradhaP, nice to meet you here😃

Level 8

@Sagir wrote:

This is great @Septarina_H 

It is lovely knowing you...

Kind regards 

Sagir 

Thanks @Sagir, nice to meet you here😃

Level 8

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @Septarina_H

As I know the Indonesian local guides are so active and such dedicated local guides in every effort,

It's a good introduction,and nice to know about your local guide journey,

I will say best of luck and regards

Have a nice day

Hi @AkmalB thanks for your appreciate, I hope can meet Local Guides Malaysia and sharing journey with them☺️