thetravelearn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Self-Introducing and Greeting from Bandung, Indonesia

Hello, everyone. My name is Teguh Nugroho, but you can call me Nugi (as "Teguh" is too difficult to be spoken by non-Indonesians). On social media, I'm known as Matius Teguh Nugroho, "Matius" is similar to "Matthew", it is my Christian name.

I'm a Google's Local Guide, travel blogger, and hotel reviewer based in Bandung, the capital of West Java, Indonesia. My city, Bandung, is infamous for its art-deco old buildings, shopping, culinary (we have many cafes and coffee shops here), and beautiful natural attractions from hills, waterfalls, lakes, craters, to hot springs. But anyway, I was born and raised in Yogyakarta, a major tourism region in central part of Java. So yes, I'm a Javanese.

Local Guide is my opportunity to share my travel experiences apart from my travel blog and Instagram. Recently, I develop myself as a hotel reviewer, so I have many stories to tell on Google's Local Guide. I also love visiting local cafes or coffee shops. The review will be too short for a blog post, so Google's Local Guides is perfect for me. If you want to know me deeper, hit me on social media @nugisuke (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) or thetravelearn.com. Most posts on my blog are written in Bahasa Indonesia, but I wrote a few posts in English. And hey, I'm in Couchsurfing too! Let's connect 🙂

Bandung, Bandung City, West Java, Indonesia
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Self-Introducing and Greeting from Bandung, Indonesia

Hi @thetravelearn

Welcome to google connect community.

You have posted your introduction in wrong place There is a thread created for April 2018 introduction.  I will leave link behind for proper post of introduction.

Introduce yourself to the community Here

Since you are new here go through the below links to understand how things work here.

For a good understanding of the program read this Link for maps and    Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.

Have you applied for this year's mega event if not link for Connect live  Connect Live 2018 site

Best of luck 

Regards,

Shravan

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @thetravelearn

Welcome to google connect community.

You have posted your introduction in wrong place There is a thread created for April 2018 introduction.  I will leave link behind for proper post of introduction.

Introduce yourself to the community Here

Since you are new here go through the below links to understand how things work here.

For a good understanding of the program read this Link for maps and    Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.

Have you applied for this year's mega event if not link for Connect live  Connect Live 2018 site

Best of luck 

Regards,

Shravan

Level 6

Hey. Yes, I was a bit confused about which topic I should choose for my self introduction. Thank you so much for enlighten me 😄

Level 1

Hello Nugi,

Glad to find a traveler and reviewer like you. I am from Bangladesh.  I am actually planning to visit Indonesia on third week of this month. And we will visit Bandung and nearby places of bandung. And we will be visiting for 4 days. 

Could you please suggest how we can use the maximum of this four days.

And this will be my first visit to Indonesia.

Thanks.

Level 6

Hello, mate!

For first timers, I highly suggest the following natural attractions:

Southern part of Bandung: Kawah Putih (White Crater), Situ Patengan (Patengan Lake), strawberry farms, Cimanggu or Ciwalini natural hot springs.

Northern part of Bandung: Tebing Keraton (Keraton Cliff, you need to get up early before the crowd join you), The Lodge Maribaya, Mount Tangkuban Perahu and its craters, Sari Ater Hot Spring & Resort (if you didn't manage the Cimanggu or Ciwalini hot springs). This northern part (called Lembang) has many leisure parks, resorts, and artificial tourism attractions flocked with Indonesian tourists or families. But I don't think foreign travelers will like them. Try to browse some information and decide it yourself 🙂

Eastern part of Bandung: Saung Angklung Udjo (a very recommended place to learn the local culture) then watch the sun goes down and the city turns into stars at Bukit Bintang (also known as Bukit Moko).

Western part of Bandung: the area called Padalarang near the bordering town of Cianjur, it offers spectacular natural attractions such as Stone Garden (a geological site to enjoy the ancient region), Sanghyang Heuleut, and Malela Waterfall.

City Center: Jalan Braga (a stone layered street lined with old shops, cafes, and bars), Jalan Asia Afrika (a historical street lined with old Dutch buildings), Alun-Alun (the public square), Masjid Raya Bandung (Great Mosque of Bandung). All of them are located on one neighborhood, so you may explore them on foot. Pasar Baru is a great spot to shop. If you're into Chinese neighborhood, there is a temple at Jalan Klenteng surrounded with Chinese shophouses near Pasar Baru. Then continue your trip to the Gasibu Square and Gedung Sate (Sate Building), Jalan Riau (lined with youthful cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, clothing stores, factory outlets), and upper Jalan Dago (for romantic dinners with city lights view).

Hope it helps. Feel free to poke me if you need any assistance.

Level 1

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take a look those places to include in my plan.

Thanks again and I might knock you again, if you don't mind.

Level 6

You're welcome. Feel free to hit me a message on email or Instagram @nugisuke for a quicker version.