TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Losing points overnight

Hey @HarryF I've seen a few reports of this too, very little actual detail, though in one report I noted a user reporting he had lost a bunch of photospheres. In my case I have 'lost' all my photospheres and it appears to be an issue with the Geo Panorama album on Google Photos getting some how corrupted or permissions changed. 

It would be interesting to know from those reporting this if they may have lost some photospheres too. Though I can understand that users with large numbers of photo submissions may find it difficult to check what photospheres they have missing, unless they are using the Street View app, which can show just photospheres. 

If those reporting this issue can check and report back here, do you have any method of feeding this back to the staff, so reports can be collated and forwarded to engineers? 

Googler

Re: Loss of points

Hi everyone. I just posted an update about those who may be seeing a loss of points. Please see this post which will be updated once the bug is resolved. Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Re: Seeing a loss of Local Guides points?

Thanks Traci, 

That helps a lot. Any chance someone will donate their 20% time to making a points history for each user? I will send cookies to the lucky developer. 

Warmly, 

Ben

Level 10

Hi @TraciC to this morning i was immune to this problem, but in these minutes i noticed a loss of points.

This morningNow

Googler

@LucioV No need to share screenshots, the team is ON it! 🙂 Thank you for your patience. 

@BenKlein Hmm, what kind of cookies? That sounds like a good feedback request. Would you mind sharing in the feedback forum so other Local Guides can weigh in? 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@TraciC wrote:

@LucioV No need to share screenshots, the team is ON it! 🙂 Thank you for your patience. 

@BenKlein Hmm, what kind of cookies? That sounds like a good feedback request. Would you mind sharing in the feedback forum so other Local Guides can weigh in? 

I take screenshots sometimes, just to check if there are similar losses, and also to create gif with my progress 😄

Seems the problem is on reviews 😞 Hope my LONG and detailed reviews are not lost.

Level 10

@TraciC i read police not break any policy last week and this week  loss 182 point  last week in middle first loss 73 then 75-76 like this then rest .hope your team recheck it 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Thanks, already went over policies just to be sure but I think I am clean, just to help on the resolution, stopped adding content /reviews/photos/etc when noted 1st loss, but lost a bit more today. and 2 more from last time I checked aprox. 2 hr ago.

Googler

@MahabubMunna As I said above, there is a bug that the team is aware of and is working on resolving where some Local Guides are losing points or not seeing their points count change.

@neavilag There is no need to stop contributing content. Once the bug is resolved, points will be reinstated, as long as the contributions adhere to Google Maps' policies, of course. 

Thanks again for your patience. 🙂

Level 7

@LucioV Great idea of taking the screenshots to see your progress.