Kol-Colleen_2018's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Scones and whipped cream

Scones and whipped cream are one of my favourite combination to have with a hot beverage.

Whipped cream can take ages to make using the traditional method of using a fork but now many use an electric whisk.

Scones, whipped cream and jam - a truly delicious combination and very British!Scones, whipped cream and jam - a truly delicious combination and very British!

7 comments
Level 2

Re: Scones and whipped cream

look great...my hubby loves scones 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Kol-Colleen_2018,

Thanks for sharing the photo! It looks really nice! 🙂 Nothing better than a scrumptious scone with cream and strawberry jam in the morning! I do enjoy baking them myself and it goes well with coffee or tea. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @Kol-Colleen_2018,

Thank you for sharing these scones with us, it really looks delicious. 

Honestly, I never had the chance to taste such a thing, but I would love to. Personally, it looks to me a bit like the pate a choux, but a thicker version. Please, correct me if I'm mistaken. 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

It's an unusual afternoon 'cake'/soft waffle-bread which can be salty or sweet and eaten with cheese or jam and whipped cream/clotted cream.

But both versions go well with tea or coffee.

😃

Well, if it goes perfectly with tea or coffee I'm taking it! Thank you for the details @Kol-Colleen_2018. 🙂

A kindly reminder, please don't forget to tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

You're very welcome @BorrisS 

I'm so paranoid about tagging moderators as some say there's no need to tag moderators with regards to say a recipe suggestion.

It was made clear and loud.

Hello @Kol-Colleen_2018,

Thank you for the reply. You can always tag a moderator when you want to say something to that particular person. However, just avoid over-tagging. 🙂