YerlanB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Scam business, I can't remove it from Maps

Hi! There is a business that allow people to cheat, to decrease the amounts of kilometers a car drove. I think it is inappropriate. It is fraud.

But I can't remove it from Maps. I report Spam - NOT APPLIED. I try Not Exist - NOT APPLIED. How should I proceed now? Or should I leave them and other similar scams alone?

Almaty, Almaty Province, Kazakhstan
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Scam business, I can't remove it from Maps

@TraciC Hi, isn't this issue important? Shouldn't we have a possibility to report and remove businesses that provide illegal services?

Connect Moderator

Hi @YerlanB

Thanks for reaching the community about this situation.

please, for everyone's privacy, edit your post removing the link you provvided.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

As you have already tagged the Connect Administrator, probably no further tag are needed.

For future tag, I invite you to read: /Help-Desk/Meet-the-Google-Moderators/

Thanks again, and happy mapping

Ermes

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT

Ok, I will edit my post.

I don't want to repost a Local Guide, a photo or a review. I want to report a POI, an illegal business. And I can't do it! There is no instrument for that on Google Maps!

All we have are these but they don't work.

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 8.42.03 PM.png

@GusMoreira How should I proceed now?

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @YerlanB,

let me understand. You want to report a Real POI that is working in an illegal mode?

Hi @ErmesT This is a car service that allows people to decrease the amounts of kilometers that a car drove. That allows then to sell used cars for more money. This is illegal

Connect Moderator

Yes you are right @YerlanB, for sure it is illegal, even if existing.

But in the same time the POI is real, even if (I believe in what you declare) doing Illegal activities.

So in my opinion the right place to go is a Police Station. The law must be respected, and there are autorities for this. The solution is not ask Google to close an existing POI because you say it is an illegal place (and I believe you are right).

What if I ask to mark as closed a real shop because I know they don't pay tax?

Ermes

Level 10

@ErmesT That is all you can say - go to a Police station? Your example with a shop that doesn't pay taxes is not appropriate. This car service mentions its illegal activity in the name of POI

@TraciC Shouldn't we have some instruments to remove illegal POI (even if they are real) from Maps? 

Connect Moderator

I'm with you @YerlanB

That a place like this must be closed (the place, not the POI) and we (me and you).

But I think we must manage very carefully this kind of situation, involving the authorities that have legal power to do it in your country.

In any case, as I said already, this is my opinion of local guide

Ermes 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YerlanB

When did you report the business?

You are right, we do not allow business who conduct ilegal business to be on Google Maps and they should be reported as spam (per these guidelines).

Once our team receives the report, we will analyze and takedown if it's confirmed to be a ilegal activity in the country it operates in.  Also, to reiterate what @ErmesT mentioned, although we can removed the POI from the map, Google does not have a police authority so if you know that a business is operating a ilegal business in your area, we encourage you to report to your local authority as well.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.