MegS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Saving the Earth's Ozone Layer Went Even Better Than Expected

“In 1989, amidst mounting scientific evidence, dozens of nations joined forces to sign a treaty aimed at halting the expansion of a massive hole in Earth’s ozone layer. Nearly thirty years later, the Montreal Protocol has done just that. But it has also done something its architects never intended.”

jpkuo2o2a1ccaiptusgo

Caption: False-color image showing ozone concentrations above Antarctica on Oct. 2, 2015. Image: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.

“Between 2008 and 2014, the Montreal Protocol led to greenhouse gas reductions with roughly half the benefit of all other climate regulations enacted by the EPA.”

Read the full article on Gizmodo.

28 comments
Level 9

Re: Saving the Earth's Ozone Layer Went Even Better Than Expected

Yeah I remember when I was kid they said in news that by 2000 we will have big problems because of Ozone layer , but it get better and better , 

Thank you Wonderful  @MegS for sharing 

Keep it up 😊

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR @MahabubMunna  !!??

What about ozone layer !??

Level 10

It's really a sensitive issue for our beautiful world .they are doing great job for all of us. 

Thanks for the news @MegS.

Level 10

This is the very awesome news that I was eagerly expecting to listen.

I hope this achievement will accelerate in upcoming days too.

Lets make our home more safe and better for living. 😊😊😊😊😊

Level 10

@MegS @OSAMA we can do something for next generation . Let's Arrange a " Tree plantation  " camping and inspire people for "Less Carbon" producing . use Eco friendly Products . what you say guys . there 250k + member if 10k member put  atleast 1 tree enough contribution for earth  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

@MegS @MahabubMunna @BishowvijayaP @OSAMA @AkmalB This is a great article to read. Do you have anymore articles like this one?

Level 10

@MegS Thank you for sharing 

Level 10

Saving our planet should be our first aim.

Ozone hole was A main problem, but many things should change to ensure our survival.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MegS

For sharing this wonderful article with us. I'm happy about the results of the reduction of the CFC, and the effects on the ozone hole, but my target, our target, still to reduce the emissions of CO2. So I'm very happy about my Solar self produced energy. In my Condo we are producing 12 Kw/h of electricity. 

The unused part is sent to the network. 

Ermes