atom_cz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Save lists of places in Google Maps

@Corriewrote:

@atom_cz Currently this Beta feature is not available for Google Apps accounts. 

Hi,

Question 1: That was 2016. Is this feature still off limits to the Free Legacy Google Apps (G Suite) users? I am the Member Services person from my Downtown and I was hoping that the lists feature would get more reviews for the Downtown businesses.

Question 2: It is ridiculous that I would be able to create a list with my free Google account with gmail, but not with the G Suite account. I wonder whether there is a way to move all my Local Guides data to the profile with Gmail? I would then be able to maintain on build on my Guides level. 

Question 3: Is there a way to "shred" my data and start afresh with the other gmail account? I mean could I delete the photos I have uploaded?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Regards, Shoumo

Shoumo Ganguly
Level 8

@DKincaidwrote:

Is this still the case?  Can G Suite users not create/save lists in Google Maps?  I received an email today with subject, "Here's how to make a great list on Google Maps."  After 3 attempts, I found I could go through the motions of creating a list but once I clicked the "Save" button, the list simply disappeared without a trace.  I checked my Saved tab and no, it's not there.  Any feedback?

We really need to Tweet and post this information so that people do not invest their time in the Local Guides program with an account that does not let them access all the available features.

Shoumo Ganguly
Level 5

That is crazy. If I understand correctly, paying users of G-Suite get less functionality than free users? #nuts I'm really curious how to leverage Google Map photos for my business. Are there any cool guides?

Level 7

Just adding to this, it's not paying customers of Google Suites. I have an account from YEARS ago... so when the suite was 'free' to couple with a domain name. But yes, regarding what someone has said above, it does appear that people with a free gmail account have more functionality than people with an old-school Google Suite Admin account.

Level 7

@Corrie wrote:

Hi Corrie,

this thread is 2 years ago, and nothing happened. We have still Lists not available in maps. I can understand it's only for Gmail accounts.

But why you send me newsletter "How to Make a Great List" and links inside is not available for my account?

180327-uacpq

Level 10

@Corriemenulis:

Hi @Corrie, until now, Google Apps or G Suite account not getting this feature yet. please be immediately present.

Muhammad Fachry | Local Guides since 2015
Level 10

Until now G Suite users still can't access the location save list feature on Google Maps! What is wrong? How long is this like? Sampai kapan masalah ini selesai?When will this problem be resolved?

Level 7

Unfortunately this feature ist still not available. From my point of view this ist one of the most valuable features for heavy users like me. 

Level 1

Is the list feature still not available for G Suite Users or Legacy Free users ?

Level 10

I have many complaint to Google Maps Help Forums for availability save list for G Suite users and no one Google employees who answer. Not finished a save list problem, now tab For You are also not available for G Suite users. Here are a lot of Google employees but no one answers too, I need to tag them one by one so that they are present? @AriMar @TraciC @Christina-NYC