Diana_umbat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Sarawak Sago Worms

I went back to my hometown at Spaoh, Sarawak Chinese New Year last week, i get a chance to go and search for Sago Worms with my aunty. 

Searching for Sago WormsSearching for Sago Worms

Sago WormsSago Worms

Cooked and ready to serveCooked and ready to serve

One of favorite dish for Melanau people in Mukah Sarawak. In Sarawak you can buy this sago worms for Ringgit Malaysia 10 for 20 worms only. The taste, the texture is so soft and juicy when it get into your mouth and crunchy if you hit into its head. Haha. But i like it so much!

Spaoh, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Sarawak Sago Worms

Hello @Diana_umbat,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I really enjoyed reading it. Honestly, I've never had the chance to taste sago worms, but I think I won't mind doing it, as I'm very open to different tastes and world cuisine in general.

Is there any particular period when you go for the search for sago worms, or they are available all the time? I'm asking this question, because in Morocco, we love to eat snails soup, and usually we go to collect them after the rain as they go out. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

@BorrisS thank you. I think you should try it. Like in Thailand they fried it until all the things are same  and no more original taste.

Level 8

@BorrisS @There are season for this sago worms. You cannot find it all the times. Depending on the rotten sago trees that they lived.

Level 10

Hello @Diana_umbat 

Thank you for sharing this with us 

We eat that here in Cameroon 🇨🇲 also 

nice 👍🏾 

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Level 8

@nkwetche wow, thanks.

Juicy and chewy right.. i like it so much. You can deep fry, soup, fry with onions & eggs, whatever your taste better.