TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Sand Art Museum, My, by Sculptor Gowri - TravellerG

Hi dear all,

Here is someting unique for Tourists, focussing to visit India.

Sand art museums in India - They are not very common.

I have heard about only two ‘Sand art Museums’ in India. Both attract tourists from all over the world, because of its uniqueness – just only sand sculptures!

1. At Mysuru, by M. N. Gowri
  2. At Puri, by Sudarshan Pattnaik.

Sand art Museum, Mysuru, India

On a ‘C’ shaped heap of Sand, there are nearly 150 sculptures, covering 16 Themes. 115 Lorry loads of sand, along with the imagination of Sculptor M. N. Gowri, created this magical feast. This Eco-Friendly museum is very compact, and is spread over just 13,500 Sq. Ft. of land. It covers the Dasara procession, Hindu Gods & Goddesses, Mosques, ancient civilisations, underwater, wildlife, Disneyland frames, etc..

These photos are just few samples, but cannot replace the experience of being there; it is worth to spend an hour to cover this beautiful museum. Affordable entry fee, with all types of Cameras, free.

No: 1. Lord Vinayaka [ Hindu God who destroys hindrances] at the entrance,

No: 2. Bhagavat Geetha {Lord Krishna driving Arjuna}

No: 3. Mysuru Dussehra (Dasera) procession.

No: 4. Underwater & Ancient sculptures

No: 5. Mysuru Maharaja

No: 6. The emotion

Dear friends, what do you think of these creations of an induvidual, please @HiroyukiTakisawa @Safdarrai @AbdullahAM @Mdhamidmurtuza @MdAtikuzzamanLimon @ShafiulB @davidhyno @helga19 @NirmalTeja @Karnadev_Roy

Thanks, all...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Mysuru Sand Sculpture Museum, KC Layout, Mysuru, Karnataka, India
39 comments
Level 8

Re: Sand Art Museum, My, by Sculptor Gowri - TravellerG

Hello @TravellerG

Amazing All Photos and  text, Thanks For Shearing.

Level 9

What a beautiful art really @TravellerG. Thank for sharing with us this kind of sand art.

Connect Moderator

Hi, @TravellerG

Those are amazing arts! That sand art museum is a good photo and sightseeing spot in India:-)

Thank you for sharing!

Level 8

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TravellerG,

This place is amazing, thanks for sharing.

I have never seen anything similar before. Is it an outdoor place? How did you find it? Could you please tell a bit more about the museum, like working hours, location, activities?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Google Vendor

I enjoy reading your posts @TravellerG. Thank you for sharing them with us. You are lucky that you have the possibility to see these museums. Do the sand sculptures have a story behind them?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Amazing photos!

It is masterpiece of designers.

Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @TravellerG,

Thank you for sharing these pieces of Art with us. I'm really impressed and I wonder how is it possible to keep it maintained and how long it lasts! I've already seen such Art in the Bulgarian coast, but never attended it. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @TravellerG

Thanks for mention myself in your post. 

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos of Sand Art Museum, India. 

Thanks again for your informative post. 

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh