cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Connect Moderator

Sagir... A local guide πŸš’πŸ‘·

20180407_114703-2592x3456.jpg

Sagir...

Profession firefighter in oil and gas industry.

Happily married with three kids.

I love travelling and cooking.

Map and my profession

As a firefighter knowledge of your area of operations is very key. 

The best way is to study map using conventional paper maps. This has been the norm until when we discover Google earth application. Things become very easy, our response time to scene of fire improve and we know how to move around our area with ease.

Google Map

this one of the best application to me since the invention of Android.

From January 2012 till date this is the only application that I'm addicted to such that it became my friends.

I always remember one of my boss that will tell my colleagues "if you need any direction of location, ask Sagir" . they will come and said "Sagir, ask your friend ". Meaning I should check map for them.

Local guide

in the year 2016 I discover that if I visited some places map will ask me to make some reviews of the place and will do.

December 2016 I received a mail telling to join local guide program and help others to decide where to go.

Hurray.. What a time to give back to my friend.

From that day till this minute I don't think I ever spent a week with out contributing to the map. 

Not just contributing but making sure I contribute quality information, because my contributions will help someone some where. This was my motivating factor.

My gain as a local guide

my friends and most people always ask " what is your gain by contributing to map? Will you get paid? Are you not using your internet data to contribute?" and lots if similar questions.

My answer is always one. "There is no gain in humanitarian activity rather a joy of heart"

My gain is the happiness of helping someone that I don't know.

Local guide connect

I have being to many virtual communities for over a decade now but I have never come across even close to this one.

The uniqueness of connect is respect, love and friendship. this 3 things make this platform special and irresistible.

I joint connect 25th April, 2017 which is 366 days today.

I never knew that someone somewhere in this world will call me his friend or his brother without ever seeing me.

I never know that my post can be a solution to someone's problem.

I never feel comfortable in the mist of different personalities like the way I feel here..

Connect make me to have friends across the globe and some of these friends are more like my family now.

Friends like @HelloSamsonR @OSAMA @Julien44 @SalmaanN @Justine2807 @AlejandraMaria @ValeriaA_ @ErmesT and many others that I cannot mentioned .

Meet up

from the time I become local guide, I attended not less than 20 meet ups organized by others.

I travel 95miles to attend a meet up ( Special meet up Ibadan, Nigeria ) and I organized about 5 the 6th is coming next month.

List of my meet ups:

Local food of Gombe people

Gombe: map your world

Lagos suya crawl

World wide hospital edit walk 

Worldwide photo walk Lagos day2

My culture My pride 

Connect live 2018

this will be the greatest moment of my life as local guide, to be with my friends live. The ones I use to communicate with virtually.

This type of joy cannot be qualified by wordings.

Appreciation 

my appreciation goes to google team and all the connect moderators for making this platform special and giving there time to it for us to connect.

Kind regards

Sagir...

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

44 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Sagir... A local guide πŸš’πŸ‘·

My connect story is not complete with out mentioning you 

@Anonymous @BishowvijayaP @RupendraNeupane @AkmalB @KarenVChin @LucioV@U-royFelixA @AustinCO  @SanyaOdare

Connect Moderator

Awesome intro @Sagir! I cannot believe I am the first to comment and congratulate you for applying to Connect Live.

I also cannot believe you have only been on Connect for just about a year! Time flies by when you are having fun.

I wish you much luck with your application!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Hi @Sagir

Total living legend your kindness is that kind of thing you can never get enough of! You are one of those truly super amazing Contributors who has given so much to so many and are always able to give some more!! 

You are a major general top  fire fighting champion who we will always know comes through for everyone! A team player who makes I.T. happen with a difference!! 

Best of luck with your Connect Live 2018 application. I am positively certain that all you do gives youya great chance to be there this year! 

Shine on diamonds! 

Best wishes

Love and friendship always

@Justine2807

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incredible story @Sagir

So, in your country, you fight against fire πŸ”₯,

and here on Connect, you fight to gain friends,

and you are pretty good in that! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

You are a true member of LG community, and I wish u best of luck with your application.

Hopefully we will meet in San Francisco! ☺️☺️☺️

Level 10

Great introduction @Sagir! Didn't know you are a firefighter, and in your country, with so many accidents oil related, i think this is not an easy job!

I share with @KarenVChin the sensation you were here for more than 1 year!

Congratulations and best luck!

Level 10

Hi @Sagir

Thanks for sharing your experience and inspiring story with us,

Me too never knew that you're a firefighter,πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺbrave guy,

I wish you best of luck,for your connect live application

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @KarenVChin 

Connect Moderator

Wow... @Justine2807 your words are always precious. 

You are so generous that words cannot qualified..

Thanks 

Kind regards

Sagir

Level 8

@Sagir All the best for your Connect Live Application. Hope we all can meet...