Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Safety Tour Lagos

Safety Tour Lagos

University of Lagos, Akoka, Nigeria

Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria

December 06, 2018 @ 12:00 (WAT)

This will be the first Road Safety Tour in Lagos by Local Guides. Local Guides are not just individuals who contribute to the Maps, but they go further by making their local communities more accessible through a variety of strategies. One of such is the safety tour. We will be fixing road signs indicating speed limits and pedestrian crossings at select points in Lagos: The University of Lagos Akoka Campus (Commercial Road and Dan Fodio Boulevard). This is in a bid to ensure safety of road users and pedestrians alike. We shall be touring the Unilag campus as part of our event for the day. There are several notable structures within the campus and it'll be a very good way to rake up points as we go further.

RSVP here

Isaac
Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Safety Tour Lagos

Hi @Mayford,

This is a great initiative, thank you for sharing. Are the roads crowded in Lagos? How is the traffic there? 

I wish you a good time and please don`t forget to share the recap.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M, thanks for the feedback. Roads in Lagos are always busy with the city's huge population of over 20 million people. Traffic builds up really quickly especially during rush hours between 7 am - 8 am and 5pm - 8pm weekdays. Traffic signs and safety devices within the city help to control and minimize incidents due to high vehicular traffic. We can't to share the outcome of our Meetup with you.

Isaac
Level 10

Hi @Petra_M, thanks for the feedback. Roads in Lagos are always busy with the city's huge population of over 20 million people.Traffic  builds up really quickly especially during rush hours between 7 am - 8 am and 5pm - 8pm weekdays. Traffic signs and safety devices within thr ciry help to control and minimize incidents due to high vehicular traffic.

Isaac
Former Google Contributor

I didn`t know that the population is that huge, thanks for the information @Mayford.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Always happy to share... 😀

Isaac
Connect Moderator

This is great move @Mayford

I'm in for this...

See you soon

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Thanks @Sagir. Can't wait to see you there...

Isaac