DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Running 5 KM at Kolkata Police Half Marathon 2019 🏃🏃‍♀️

Kolkata Police organized Half marathon run at Red Road, Calcutta on 6th January 2019.  Apart from half marathon there are some sub categories like 5K, 10 K run in this event. 

I participated in 5K run and got a bronze medal 🏅. Hundreds of Calcuttans participated in this run.  It was a memorable experience for me to run such a long distance event. 

Here are some photos of Marathon that I took after 5 K run. 

Keep running everyone. Running is good for our physical and mental health.  And of course its good for a Healthy  Heart!

Ready for 5K runReady for 5K runEntrance of Half Marathon 2019Entrance of Half Marathon 2019Recovery zoneRecovery zoneWe all have thisWe all have thisBack side of medalBack side of medalGot this Bronze medalGot this Bronze medalA fun run after we completeA fun run after we complete20190106_090618.jpg

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Red Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Running 5 KM at Kolkata Police Half Marathon 2019 🏃🏃‍♀️

Hi @DrShaunak

Congratulations on the bronze medal! How many people did participate in the 5 km run? How long did it take you to run that 5 km?

It is really nice that Kolkata Police organizes events like this. As you said running is good for both physical and mental health.

BTW Will you participate next year as well? And will you try longer route (like 10 km or half marathon)?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@VitB Thank you. As per their report approximately 17,500 people participated in the total Half Marathon event. Out of which around 9000 was joined in 5 KM run. My BIB number was 8146. 

I took 32 minutes 8 second to complete 5 KM run.  Yes, I will participate next year in 10 KM run event and have plan to join half marathon (21 km) in near future. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Former Google Contributor

Hi @DrShaunak

I checked now that the world record for 5 km is 12 minutes 37 seconds so you still have a lot to improve 🙂

Just kidding it is good enough for me to just participate and finish the race.

I wish you good luck for your future 10 km run and hopefully even the half marathon.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!