saeidzare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roudkhan Castel

36.jpg
this part of Iran is a lot less frequented by western tourists on the Tehran-Esfahan-Shiraz-Yazd routes, being much more popular with Iranian tourists, but I highly recommend taking time to visit the luscious green north to see this absolutely breathtaking series of ruins atop vertiginous densely forested peaks. it’s a fairly tough hike but coming out above the mountains with views out to the Caspian sea makes it all worth it. this trip is very doable as a day trip from masouleh, which is also a great place to stay while in Gilan province. it’s very easy to hitchhike between places as a solo traveler in this region as many Iranian tourists will be driving between Masouleh/Rudkhan/Fuman/Rasht. otherwise, you will have to hire private taxis (darbast) which can get very expensive. the shared taxis (savari) aren’t reliable as most of the tourists drive up from Tehran with their own vehicles but I expect this may improve as it becomes more popular with non-Iranian tourists. but don’t be shy, hitchhiking is great fun and people are very friendly. Rudkhan castle was by far my favorite single site on a trip to Gilan.

start journey from shiraz to gilanstart journey from shiraz to gilan
Travel with Santi Gato from SpainTravel with Santi Gato from Spain

You can see the handicrafts shop.You can see the handicrafts shop.

Entrance to the castleEntrance to the castle

The traditional cuisine of this region, as well as the bread and cookie in this area, is very famous in Iran.The traditional cuisine of this region, as well as the bread and cookie in this area, is very famous in Iran.

Rudkhan Castle; also Roodkhan Castle, is a brick and stone medieval fortress in Iran that was built by the Talyshs to defend against the Arab invaders during the Arab/Islamic invasion of Sassanian IranRudkhan Castle; also Roodkhan Castle, is a brick and stone medieval fortress in Iran that was built by the Talyshs to defend against the Arab invaders during the Arab/Islamic invasion of Sassanian Iran

IMG_6969.jpg

DSCF6444.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Do you have any question? ask me.

Rudkhan Castle, Gilan Province, Iran
17 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Roudkhan Castel

Hi @saeidzare,

Thanks for sharing! I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize that your post was marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times. You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

This place looks amazing! Your photos are so vivid and colourful, what type of camera did you use?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you for nice,interesting photos @saeidzare 

Best wishes,

Connect Moderator

@saeidzare, Roudkhan Castle looks amazing.  I would have never thought of this being in Iran.  Would you share your experience of where you stayed in the area, what places you would recommend eating at,  and your Local Guides review link on Google Maps about this place. These items will greatly help fellow Local Guides here on Connect know more about this place.

Cheers,

Karen

Hi @saeidzare. The content you have posted does not appear to be 100% your own and is in violation of the Local Guides program rules.

For tips on creating your own great posts on Connect, please see How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect? and tag us so we find out more about your personal experience.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hi  @RadieN , thank you so much radien I don't know really about local guides connect, But I want to comply with all the rules and know all rules. 

I'm photographing with Nikon D810 and IPhone 8

Level 7

Hi, @helga19
You're welcome dear friend, it's kind of you. I really happy you like my photos.

Best regards, Saeid

Level 7

@KarenVChinThank you so much karen,
There is a hotel in the roudkhan castel for a stay. But I visit several places daily and try to live with the locals.
After visiting the roudkhan castel, I traveled to Massal, where I stayed at night in a wooden cottage at an altitude of 3150, I'll share photos of Masal in the next post.

Best Regards, Saeid

Level 7

Hi, @IrrPavlova 
I have photographed this area! But because I don't fluent in English, I give help from my friend to write a bit of article for me.
What exactly are the rules not met so I can fix it?
thank you so much IrrPavlova.
Best Regards, Saeid

As I mentioned above, @saeidzare, you can see these tips on creating your own great posts on Connect: How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!