cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RockStar Reviewers

Photo Courtesy: @AmbreenPhoto Courtesy: @Ambreen

Hello Local Guides
       I hope all of you must have had a great start. Indeed 2019 is in full swing and the wonderful post by @Albry topped with those stats will definitely make you feel great.
Also, you must have read @TraciC favorite picks for 2018 and also adding up your favorite stories to it.

I am going to start 2019 with a promise to write extensively on LocalGuidesConnect (LGC). To start off the contribution frenzy, I am going to write about about our RockStar Reviewers in General and an individual LocalGuide in particular (who makes her reviews shine everytime she writes).

We all love taking gorgeous photos, updating information and writing extensive and comprehensive reviews.
I personally love writing reviews and also love to read the reviews shared by other local guides.

We have seen a trend where people mostly love to write extensive reviews about restaurant/food joints/take-aways or a particular
menu item at their favorite place, where they create a visual story with their photos and videos and also spice it up with their detailed reviews.

I believe these quality reviews tend to be a major factor for general public to try something new solely based on the quality review shared by our fellow local guides.

Like we say,  its all about quality over content and based on that I am so glad that I happened to read some of the reviews by

@Ambreen, a Local Guide at Level 7 currently based in Mumbai India.

Ambreen loves visiting new places and mostly focus on restaurants and writes detailed and up-to-date reviews about places.

She also writes extensively on her food and travel blog which you can find here.

Some of my favorite reviews that she shared on Maps are presented here. I am sure you will also appreciate the quality of the content and her passion behind the Local Guides Program.

(In no particular order - but based on details and those gorgeous photos)
-I must mention that the author permitted me to use her review summary, photos and screenshots for this LGC post.

1. The Yoga House Photos taken by @Ambreen at The Yoga HousePhotos taken by @Ambreen at The Yoga HouseA review Summary by @AmbreenA review Summary by @Ambreen

2. House of TipsyPhoto Credits: @AmbreenPhoto Credits: @AmbreenReview Summary from @AmbreenReview Summary from @Ambreen

3. Nedou's HotelNidous Hotel.png

I hope you liked those reviews as much as I did and appreciated her passion and dedication to help others.

I also hope that you must know great reviewers in your community/neighborhood/country.

Let's hear your personal favorite pick, shall we?

P.S. I must tag some of our Top Featured Authors in Food & Drink category to see their favorite reviews as well .

(In no particular order - @NadyaPN @HiroyukiTakisawa @DeniGu @kmajewski @KashifMisidia @FaridTDF @IshantHP_ig )

-Cheers

Penang, Malaysia
26 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RockStar Reviewers

Hi @OmerAli

Thank you for tagging me:-)

I was surprised by her detail reviews. We have each style for posting reviews but her style may be one of the best styles. 

I'll share this post with my friends! Thank you;-)

Connect Moderator

Thanks @HiroyukiTakisawa

You are too kind. I admire how you care for details 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hi @OmerAli,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure it will be very useful for the other Local Guides.

I really liked the post and for me it was really useful. I am also sure that you will make a proper reviews on Google Maps.

Just one more thing, it will be even better if you use your own photos, since we do encourage Local Guides to use their own photos.

Thanks again and have a great week.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks @OmerAli for the excellent post. The information is really appreciated and the photos.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for your input @MoniV

I try my best to use my own content while posting anything on the forum. If I am referring to some other source I always try my best to provide up-to-date references and cite the sources properly. 

For this particular post, I had to highlight @Ambreen's work and for that I wrote to the author and acquired permission to use her content. 

I appreciate how moderators are working hard to fight spam and keeping this platform original. Kudos for the reminder 🙂

Former Google Contributor

You are very welcome @OmerAli and thank you for the understanding.

Keep on great posts and have fun.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @OmerAli

Wow Omer thank you so much for appreciating my work, i know you took formal permissions from me to post my reviews for the purpose of knowledge, formats and content sharing only at Local Guides Connect platform and honestly i didn't know that you were going to title your post , highlight and put me in a group of your favorite Rockstar reviewers, really means alot. This has even motivated me to share more good quality content. I would also like to share that personally Google has given me so much in my life, as a marketer i have been connected and following the brand all my life and even more since the inception of digital marketing era.

I love the ethics and value Google has and my passion for writing reviews started when i made some really bad choices of visiting really bad places because of fake reviews. To combat that i started writing detailed reviews so that people dont feel cheated. @OmerAli your post has given me more confidence to share more valuable informative content on the platform. In 2019 i want to take my reviews to a much more advance level , where i would also like to highlight safety meter - few places on the map which are not safe for public mostly Women and Children after a particular time. So people have more safer happy travel experiences. Thank you everyone who thinks this is good content. Thanks again for your kind words @OmerAli 

Lot's of Love to all - Ambreen 🙂 

Level 8

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa

Thank you so much for your kind words 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Ambreen

I am sure that you will keep more quality reviews coming

cheers