RobAo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

RobertO: Insights of a Local Guide

Hi,

My name is Robert O. and I'm a local guide from Nairobi, Kenya. I got into the Local Guides program while looking up Google Academy courses and other communities. For a long time, I've used Google Maps while travelling since my university days back in 2010 mostly for waypoints and marking landmarks.

When I discovered the Local Guides program, I realised there are more ways to help contribute to Google Maps - adding missing locations that I could only remember from a satellite view, adding reviews to places I've been to and utilising my skills in photography.

The Local Guide connect program has really helped me get out and discover the maps community in my home. Thanks to the meetups, I've been able to learn more about how to conduct events in Nairobi.

Finale.gif

1 comment
Level 9

Re: RobertO: Insights of a Local Guide

Hey @RobAo

@You wrote:

The Local Guide connect program has really helped me get out and discover the maps community in my home. Thanks to the meetups, I've been able to learn more about how to conduct events in Nairobi.

We are glad to know about you. Really LG Connect is now a greater family in the world. There is huge about to learn. Thanks for sharing with us. 

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh