cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Roadrunner.

@TravellerG @AlexaAC  

BEEP BEEP!!!
Today's Ornithology lesson: The Roadrunner is an omnivore. They eat primarily insects, but also reptiles (including Rattlesnakes), rodents & other small mammals, spiders (including tarantulas), scorpions, centipedes, snails, small birds, eggs, fruits, & seeds. It is also the only known predator of the Tarantula Hawk Wasp (Google that insect for a good read!).
I witnessed one capturing a small bird, then absolutely beating the daylights out of in slamming it into the ground into submission.
They have been clocked running 20 mph.

I shot this photo with my Canon EOS 1100D with a 75-300mm telephoto lens.RoadrunnerRoadrunner

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
6 comments
Level 10

Rif.: Roadrunner.

Semplicemente stupendo. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Roadrunner.

BEEP BEEP @PrestonAZTXMN 

great photo. I was googling to learn a bit more, because we don't have this bird on Italy. Absolutely amazing !!!

Tomorrow morning I will try to take some photo of some wading-bird, to share in my post 

Level 10

First of all thank you for tagging me in this beautiful post, dear @PrestonAZTXMN; the shot is really beautiful - congratulations.

I have seen many of your Bird-Shots in your other posts - all are really good ones.

As rightly told by our @ErmesT, you tempted me too, to scan through Google - interesting - dear Mr ermest, hope to see your shot soon; kindly remeber to tag me too.

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Former Google Contributor

Hey @PrestonAZTXMN,

Wow, this is quite a unique looking bird. 😀 We have the African cuckoo in South Africa, which is a species from the same family (Cuculidae), but I've never seen one in the wild. 

Thanks for sharing the awesome photo!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@AlexaAC 

Very interesting. I have been to South Africa twice. It is a beautiful country with spectacular scenery & wildlife.

THANKS!

Former Google Contributor

Brilliant @PrestonAZTXMN!

Glad to hear that! Spectacular indeed! I'm still getting to know the ins and outs of photography and I wish I'd taken more wildlife photos. 🙂 Did you happen to capture any South African birds or wildlife?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!