TSKBabanoor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Riverston Peak - Matale and Pallegama...

Riverston Peak in Sri Lanka: Mini Worlds’ End

The Riverston Peak in Sri Lanka can be reached by travelling, about 30km away from the Matale town, down the Matale – Girandurukotte Road. This secretive windy road, with its sharp hairpin turns, offers some of the best views to the surrounding countryside; to the extent that it is called the Mini World’s End. Though it is very popular among locals, the area is comparatively unknown amongst mainstream tourists. Therefore the area offers up the natural beauty of Sri Lanka; fresh, green and unpolluted by vendors, tourists, garbage and unsightly buildings.

With climates very similar to the Hortons Plains, where the World’s End is located, Riverston trek also offers two graceful waterfalls Sera Ella and Bambarakiri Ella. Sera Ella also has some conveniently located rock seats from which a visitor can enjoy the refreshing cold spray of misty droplets. The nearby freshwater river, Thelgamu Oya, can be used for quick cooling dip or even just a refreshing splash before or after a long arduous trek.

The trek is about two and a half kilometres one way, and shouldn’t take more than a healthy hour or two at most. It runs a section known as the Pittawala Paththana and leads to the RiverstonPeak. The countryside along the trek has views of the terraced paddy fields, unique to some mountainous regions around the world, and that of the beautiful green Central Highlands.

The Riverston Peak features a sheer 300m drop to stunning misty views of the nearby Knuckles Mountain Range and Thelgamu river valley. The peak, with its peaceful and beautiful surroundings, is also a great place to meditate and relax on your holiday to Sri Lanka. The Riverston trek is a great opportunity for nature lovers and photographers who want a few jaw-dropping clicks.

all the below Images by Me - Tstriker7

Above information taken from - Riverston Peak

Matale town start of Riverston...Matale town start of Riverston...

Towards Riverston...Towards Riverston...

Road towards Riverston...Road towards Riverston...

Riverston trail...Riverston trail...

First Scenic Landscape...First Scenic Landscape...

Road towards the peak...Road towards the peak...

Close to the peak...Close to the peak...

Going through the forest for rare lizards and orchid...Going through the forest for rare lizards and orchid...

Going down to Pallegama...Going down to Pallegama...

Scenic view of Pallegama...Scenic view of Pallegama...

Pallegama scenic landscape...Pallegama scenic landscape...

Road to Pallegama...Road to Pallegama...

Travel by Motor bike would be easy...Travel by Motor bike would be easy...

Thelgamu Oya... this might be the last image... future of this will be under water...Thelgamu Oya... this might be the last image... future of this will be under water...

Last images of Thelgamu Oya...Last images of Thelgamu Oya...

Thelgamu Oya...Thelgamu Oya...

Last images of Pallegama...Last images of Pallegama...

Towards Pallegama...Towards Pallegama...

Last Image of below Pallegama crossing bridge...Last Image of below Pallegama crossing bridge...

Knuckles Mountain Range...Knuckles Mountain Range...

Riverston Tower, Matale, Sri Lanka
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Riverston Peak - Matale and Pallegama...

Hi @TSKBabanoor,

Thanks for sharing with us.

I am really into such adventures, especially on motorbike. How long was your trip to Riverston Peak?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

One whole day to be honest... it was a slow ride... main purpose of finding... Rare Orchid which is not yet being found / snakes / Lizards... mainly for research about the habitat, by my friends. 

That sounds really interesting, @Tstriker7!

Just to let you know, on Connect it is not advisable to use materials from other sources.

On the other hand, it would be more interesting for the community if you may share you own experience, such as your adventure to the destination, as well as a recap of research of your friends.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Sadly i’m using my phone to put these photos, yet the editing part seems very hard. My laptop is broken at the moment... i make sure i use my own words next time... that article was similar to my experience that is why used it and mentioned that i copied and mentioned the website as well... thank you for the advise.. greatly appreciate...

As long as we create and enjoy the experience, that is all it matters, @TSKBabanoor.

Let us wait for your next adventure!

You may also use the tagging system, with the "@" so that the name of a person you are forwarding the message will appear, as it also allows you to receive notification to follow up posts easily.

I would like to point you to an article we have that is going to make it easier for posting on Connect - What makes a good post?, also you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic.

Thank you!