IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Rishikesh, World Capital of Yoga

Pilgrimages taking bath in Holy Ganga water in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India.Pilgrimages taking bath in Holy Ganga water in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India.

Today i am sharing another best story of my life it's related to a place Rishikesh which is situated in Northern part of India, i mostly prefer the locations of North India to visit and explore something new in my life. However i am visited Rishikesh many times but previously i have not shared any story relared to Rishikesh on connect so be ready to read and some beautiful snaps of Rishikesh.

I already reached at Rishikeh today( around 10 Am) from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh. It's about 574 Km from Chamba, i am with friends and it take about 13 hours to travel a long journey i hope it'll be best and full of adventure in Rishikesh. 

Now i want to share some i formation about:

How to visit Rishikesh?

- you can travel by Train, the nearest railway station is Rishikesh.

- if you want to travel by your own mode of communication then it will be good.

- the nearby airport is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun and it's about 43 km away from Rishikesh, the remaining journey you can travel by taxi or by bus.

Now something

About Rishikesh:

Rishikesh is a district in Indian state of Uttarakhand. It's located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India also known as "Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas".

Rishikesh is also known as the "Yoga capital of the World".

It lies approx 25 km from Haridwar and 43 km from Dehradun.

It's one of the famous pilgrimage town and one of the holiest place of Hindus. Hindu sages and saints have visited Rishikesh since ancient times to meditate in searching higher knowledge.

Rihikesh is also famous for Rafting, bunjy jumping, rope climbing, trekking and much more adventurous activities.

I suggest you to visit Rishikesh and feel the real vibes, stay tuned for my another exciting story:)

Have a good day!

The hanging bridge( Ram Jhoola)The hanging bridge( Ram Jhoola)

A very religious hanging bridge (Ram Jhoola) in RishikeshA very religious hanging bridge (Ram Jhoola) in Rishikesh

Pilgrimages taking bath in holy Ganga waterPilgrimages taking bath in holy Ganga water

Visitors enjoying rafting in Ganga river, RishikeshVisitors enjoying rafting in Ganga river, Rishikesh

Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Rishikesh, World Capital of Yoga

Great story and images @IshantHP_ig thank you very much for sharing. It looks like an interesting part of the world.

Level 10

@IshantHP_ig

Excellent review on Rishikesh and  Yoga. 

The pictures too interesting.

Thanks for sharing the details with us 

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

@IshantHP_ig

Thanks Ishant

R S Dev
Level 8

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks for the story and photos. I agree North India is beautiful to explore. I have not been to Rishikesh but would like to visit one day.

I have been to other cities in and around north India and would love to share photos of the same.