MiaMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Riding and hiking

Hi Guys 🙂
Today was another beautiful day in Bavaria so I took the chance and drove south with my motorcycle in order to do some hiking! 

IMG_4309.JPG

I decided to hike up the Herzogstand, a mountain close to the Bavarian Alpes that is 1.731 m high. 

It was beautiful! I really enjoyed the silence and also the challenge! The views were fantastic!

Have a look 🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-16 um 18.47.21.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-09-16 um 19.03.07.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-09-16 um 19.03.20.png

When I was on the very top I enjoyed some "Käsespätzle" in the "Almhütte" (=restaurant on a mountain). 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-16 um 19.03.43.png

At the end of the day I wrote some reviews and check this out, I now have 1,000!

IMG_4310.PNG

The review I did about the hiking trail to the Herzogstand was Nr. 1,000. I guess thats a good metaphor for the whole LG experience! Step by step you earn points and at the end you have a big achievement: a new level 🙂

If you ever visit Bavaria I really recommend doing a hike! Its a nice experience!

Best,

Maria

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Kochel am See, Deutschland
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Riding and hiking

Ehi @MiaMaria nice places to ride a motorcycle! Didn't knew you are a biker!

And congratulations for your 1000 reviews! It's a huge number!

P.S. Just clicked on your contributions link in signature, but seems that the privacy is on for both reviews and photos; is this intended?

Level 9

@LucioV thanks 🙂

Yes, It's intended. I don't remember why exactly I changed the settings but I know there was a reason...I'll re-think about it and maybe change it! Thanks!

My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

@MiaMaria, I like the Walchensee as well! Thank you for sharing this beautiful place with us. 

We did a boats tour on the Ammersee today. 

The weather was indeed fantastic!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Level 8

Well done @MiaMaria !!  Inspirational on many levels.  I miss my motorcycle a lot !   

Level 9

@TorM lovely!! I hope you enjoyed it 🙂

My Connect Profile
Level 9

@ErmesT wow! That's amazing! I hope you had an amazing day!

My Connect Profile
Level 9

@Nick-Hobgood 

nice! what motorcycle did you have? and why don't you have it anymore?

My Connect Profile
Level 8

@MiaMaria I had a Yamaha Tenere 600. A buddy and I thought we could ride from Kinshasa, Zaire to Paris. [Stop laughing !!]  We were woefully underprepared and before surely dying in the Sahara desert we sold the bikes in Yaounde, Cameroon so we could afford rent and groceries once back in the U.S.  😉 Mini me wanted to drive the bike  ;-)Mini me wanted to drive the bike 😉

Arriving in Libreville, Gabon and happy to be aliveArriving in Libreville, Gabon and happy to be alive

Folly of youth Central Africa moto tour mapFolly of youth Central Africa moto tour map