MRX1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Rewards

Hi all, I'm fairly new to all this and enjoy feeling like I'm adding to the Google Map database. But, when I received the email from Google, it promised three months of free Google music and/or some Google Drive space? 

Either way, I'll still contribute to the system, but having now reached level 5, am still waiting for any sign of my "rewards" or how to register for them. Thanks to anyone who can help and hi in general to the Google community.

Matt

UK
17 comments
Level 9

Re: Rewards

@MRX1,

That perk offer only for level 4 local guides, you are still on level 3.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Thanks so much deepakjhic for your help but, I'm now level 5 and still can't find any 'perks'. 

Any more ideas please??? 

Many thanks, MRX

Connect Moderator

I see that you're already a level 5 Local Guide. Can you tell us when it happens? If it's just recent, it might take a bit of time to get the offer enabled. Can you also check if your profile in Google Maps also showing level 5? If yes, can you check if you can see the perks from the following link?

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

You should see the perks on the top right corner. Also keep in mind that the perk is not available to all countries. Please take a look at the link below to check whether you're eligible to receive the offer:

Google Play perk

Connect Moderator

Hi @MRX1 this link will provide both information on the perk and details for trouble shooting if you have any problems with the claim.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-perk-Google-Play-for-Local-Guides-Level...

Regards

Paul

Level 5

Thanks very much iyudhi, your link worked.

I've signed up and set a reminder on my calendar for just under 3 months time. 

What are my limits of downloading etc. In other words, can I now download "anything" from Play Music for the trial period WITHOUT charges??? 

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm fairly new to all this "Guide" stuff.

Once again, many thanks, MRX

Level 10

Hi @MRX1 You don't download anything the music is streamed to you. Enjoy!

Google Play Music is not part of "Guide" stuff. For support you need to go here.

Level 5

Thanks Paul for your kind help. I'm fairly new to this Google Guide stuff so thanks. I've now signed up for my free subscription to Google Music. Can I download anything from it within the next three months or just stream? I, slightly prematurely downloaded two albums once I was signed up and it occurred to me that this might be too good to be true!? Please can you help me with this issue as it's not clear. Thanks again Paul,

Regards, MRX

Level 10

@MRX1 You can listen to as many album as you want during the trial period.

Level 5

So it's impossible for me to get charged for "downloading" an album (pretty sure I just downloaded two!)

Thx and sorry to hassle,

MRX