AndrewR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Reviews

First time in local guides connect. I really enjoy reviews. I sometimes keep it brief and simple facts, other times when inspired I like to kick around some humor. I have a few photos. I really hope it helps folks want to get out and explore. Even if a place gets a bad review, you never know when things may change. Sometimes good places have bad days. I think it would be awesome to do this for a living. I hope you have a great day and find something new to explore and write about. Be inspired! 

Augusta, GA, United States
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Reviews

Thank you for being such a dedicated Local Guide, @AndrewR. 🙂 Welcome to Connect, we are glad to have you!

Connect is a community forum where Local Guides share their worldly experiences and ideas with one another. You can explore the different boards to find out what others are talking about at the moment. 

Reviews are great for Maps. Being in Connect, you can share your travel advice and tips for those who are visiting your city/country and even organise a meet-up for Local Guides from your area. You can also learn more about mapping your world and share feedback and suggestions with the team. If you have a huge catalog of photos, be sure to share them in the Share Your Photos and Discoveries board (easily one of my favourite boards!). There are just so much you can do here.

For a start, I recommend reading this post for tips on using Connect. Also introduce yourself and get acquainted with fellow community members. 

Can't wait to see your posts!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 6

yeah I'm interested in this Local Guides thing. it's like Google is trying to be Yelp too? but I'm all for it, I think Yelp's algorithm is kind of shady.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Matricaria, it's cool that you're here. Welcome! Local Guides is a global community of explorers who share their experiences on Google Maps. Their high-quality contributions help people feel at home in the world.

I recommend going through some of the links I've shared above to help you under the Local Guides program better and navigate Connect (this community forum) easily! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.