TomBrenner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Reviews without content

Hi everyone. 

Something that has always bothered me sense joining Google Maps,I see it all the time. Reviews with stars and no written content.That or just three word sentence tells the reader nothing about the place. 

Does Google really reward guides for no written content to the review.I don't think this a satisfactory way to creat a credible review and expect any points. 

Rusty.  

7 comments
Level 10

Re: Reviews without content

@TomBrenner only star mark no point . if you written some thing then got point , if that peoples are not earn any point  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

I agree with Rusty, many reviews with 3/4 words and nothing else. If I'm looking to a review of a Restaurant, for example, and I read "OK, it is good" I cannot have any opinion about the restaurant. I don't know if the food was fresh, or the waitress was kind...

I think that the remuneration reviews should contain more than 20 words or something similar. If not I can review all the restaurant of a city without taste their food and write short reviews just in order to have points.

For this reasons in my opinion Goggle Local Guides has to update itself by create a "Tusted Local Guide group" whose opinions will be placed as firsts in the review lists.

Obviously these reviews should be wrote by following clear rules.

Level 8

The best way is to put some minimal restrictions for example 20 characters, not less to make a review or to make possible leaving stars. Really, these only stars or just say OK, GOOD or PERFECT it's hilarious and nothing informational! 

Google, please take care about this. A lot of people are making points by just voted stars and no words!!!

Level 8

I beg to differ. Sometimes three relevant & appropriate words are far better than lengthy discussion.  Stress should be given that whatever has been written in the review should be authentic. 

Level 6

I agree with vivekk!

@VivekK wrote:

I beg to differ. Sometimes three relevant & appropriate words are far better than lengthy discussion.  Stress should be given that whatever has been written in the review should be authentic. 

Long, drawn out descriptions can potentially spoil the experience for a new visitor. Shorter reviews or even just stars are better indications of an establishment's general reputation. 

Level 8

There is something in what you have said. So because of that i will change my opinion to individual every place and review. Agree with you.

Level 4

Yes that is true . let's try to put things in details

@TomBrenner wrote:

Hi everyone. 

Something that has always bothered me sense joining Google Maps,I see it all the time. Reviews with stars and no written content.That or just three word sentence tells the reader nothing about the place. 

Does Google really reward guides for no written content to the review.I don't think this a satisfactory way to creat a credible review and expect any points. 

Rusty.