ParkCityFamily5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Reviews not showing up publicaly

I have seen others post about this, but I am not sure how to get it fixed.

I have written 170 reviews over the past 2 months.  I have edited them and added photos.  All the photos show up, but only 80 of the actual written reviews are posting.  I have followed the rules.  Please help. I am a relatively new local g

uide level 6

Park City, UT, USA
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Reviews not showing up publicaly

@ParkCityFamily5 Google uses a variety of information, some automated and some manual, to determine if a review or photo follows the Maps user contributed content policies. Reviews that don't follow the policies are marked private; reviews are not deleted however. When this happens, it won't be shown publicly. The other link to that could be useful will the the Local Guides program rules

Tagging a Google Moderator to help you better in this case. @GeorgesHR @DeniGu

Connect Moderator

In addition to @StephenAbraham's comment, when multiple people review the same place within a similar time frame only some of the reviews will show. This is to avoid overloading readers. The reviews is still taken into account in setting the rating and attributes. This would happen if say, you and your family all went to the same place (or perhaps a group of friends) and all reviewed the place around the same time.

If you had the occasional review flagged I doubt you'd hear anything about it, but if it was a systemic issue you would likely get a reach out from a Googler.

If you'd like me to check your public contributions and give you constructive feedback please PM me a link to "your contributions" and I'll be happy to have a look for you.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ParkCityFamily5,

Thanks for reaching out.

The answers @StephenAbraham and @PaulPavlinovich gave you are correct. My personal recommendation is to follow their advise.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Thank you for the replies.  I have read through all the rules.  I do not feel that I violate anything.

What is the point of writing a review that only shows up privately.  This is a waste of time. I really do not understand the reasoning behind this policy.

Also,

I noticed that my reviews used to show up publicly.  However, i went back to edit them to correct to typos etc. and now they are not shown publicly.