TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#. Reviews for More Views – 4

PPT for Google.jpg

@DeniGu @LucioV @NandKK @AmbrishVarshney @Shrut19 @aka_Rὁn @Saravanakanth @JohnPeter @MoonAeolus @LumberJackTim

I humbly thank everybody for your guidance and motivation given to me…

Here is another important point..

How many of us have really thought of, how exactly, Google has visualized / defined the ‘Rating’ or ‘Star System’..?

Google has very clearly & very well, defined it..!!!  (deeply thoughtful, pl think..)

1.       5 stars

Loved it

2.       4 stars

Liked it

3.       3 stars

It was okay

4.       2 stars

Disliked it

5.       1 star

Hated it

Click Here, to see with your own eyes, what Google has said, exactly

Let me try to explain it in my words, and request Moderators and Guides, to contribute more; this is vital for all of us.

Keeping in mind, the complexity of explaining the ‘process of rating’, a very wide range of properties, destination, services, institutions, etc., I am trying to throw little more light, how to remember Google’s guidance.

Shall I start with:

• 1 STAR : I hate it; ( word meaning, suitable here : find intolerable)

I will not think of going again; I will not recommend to visit, instead will recommend not to visit;

• 2 STAR:  I Disliked it; (word meaning, suitable here : Feeling to avoid)

I don’t want to take another chance, if I don’t have a clue of improvement; If, above 2 Star is not available & my need is compelling / unavoidable, then I may consider. I will not recommend to any one for sure.

• 3 STAR: It was Okay (word meaning, suitable here : feeling of Just averageness)

I felt OK; Not disappointed at all; will try / go again. Also, will recommend, with few reservations. Improvement needed, but still OK.

• 4 STAR: Liked it (word meaning, suitable here : feeling of regard or fondness)

Oh..Good, above my expectations; good, worth visiting again, will recommend, without reservations, etc.

• 5 STAR:  Loved it (word meaning, suitable here : feeling or showing great care)

Can’t expect more, at all; great feeling of achievement; even thinking about the destination, one will be happy; memorable, etc. Close to Ultimate.

Hope, I am not boring you..

(In the next post, we will see, how to practically apply this in few cases; also, when we touch different ‘Categories’, we will try to touch this point, again).

We need to basically understand, that, ultimately, every ‘Rating’ we give, in turn, is the input (along with many other data, too) to Google’s SEO (Search Engine Optimization) process. The processed output is the Number we see..

If you liked this post, the next post is Here; kindly comment

Thanks, dear all..

In case, you need to refer the previous post, it is Here

PS:

A Old Lady, from Egypt, who smiled for me in 2008 (a decade back).

8 comments
Level 9

Re: #. Reviews for More Views – 4

Thank you @TravellerG.

The post was very useful and I am confident that I will rate in future appropriately.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Level 10

Namskar..

@TravellerG Sir..

Very Useful Post..

Thank you so much 🙏

and Every Local guides go through this Topic..

Thanks for Tagging.. And Sharing this Info Sir..

Regards From Mumbai

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 10

Thank you dear @Shrut19

I shall try posting it in our What'sApp group; you may kindly post in your circle to help, as many Guides, as possible,

Regards

Level 10

Thank you dear @Saravanakanth

Shall posting it in our What'sApp groups (Posts 3 & 4); kindly post in your circle to help, as many Guides, as possible,

Regards

Level 10

Thanks for the detailed information.

Really your reviews got very good view

Level 10

Wow, another great and informative post. Your effort is priceless sir @TravellerG @ . We are learning something new through your posts.

It will help us to make the good selection while giving ratings. 

Google Moderator

I agree with your interpretation of the rating system, @TravellerG.

Maybe the only difference for me is that I might have some reservations when recommending a place I've rated with four stars. There must have been a good enough reason for me to not give the full five stars, as I'm usually generous with my rating.

For example, I went to two different restaurants serving Indian cuisine in one week. One of them I rated with five stars, the other - with four. Why? Because the restaurant with four stars offered smaller portions at higher prices, even though the two places were equally delicious. 

That's why it's best when ratings are accompanied by reviews. Reviews let other visitors know what exactly is good or not so good about a place.

I'm heading over to your next post in this series. Really like how informative it is. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this useful information @TravellerG

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.