Jabberfoodwocky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Review won't post but pictures are posted

Why do the pictures that I posted on my reviews show up but not the actual reviews? But the reviews and the pictures show up when I look into my account. Anyone have any ideas why that is?

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 2.48.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-23 at 2.49.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-23 at 3.07.29 PM.png

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Review won't post but pictures are posted

Hi @Jabberfoodwocky

Welcome in Local Guides Connect

before to think about an issue with your profile, can you kindly do a couple of check?

1. From Google Maps App, check your privacy setting: Menu > Settings > Personal Contents > Profile settings. If the switch is OFF, your contributions will not be visible on Your Profile
  2. Check in Anonimuos mode the POI where you have left the review, to see if the review is publicly visible. If a review violates the program rules is flagged as "private" (visible only to you)
  3. If your setting are correct, and the reviews are visible in Anonimous mode, please, from Your Contributions on the App, tap on your profile picture, and take a screenshot of your contributions page, that will show you the number of contributions used to calculate your points. Reply in this post, adding the screenshot.

Thank You

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Jabberfoodwocky

Welcome in Local Guides Connect

before to think about an issue with your profile, can you kindly do a couple of check?

1. From Google Maps App, check your privacy setting: Menu > Settings > Personal Contents > Profile settings. If the switch is OFF, your contributions will not be visible on Your Profile
  2. Check in Anonimuos mode the POI where you have left the review, to see if the review is publicly visible. If a review violates the program rules is flagged as "private" (visible only to you)
  3. If your setting are correct, and the reviews are visible in Anonimous mode, please, from Your Contributions on the App, tap on your profile picture, and take a screenshot of your contributions page, that will show you the number of contributions used to calculate your points. Reply in this post, adding the screenshot.

Thank You

Level 4

Thank you so much for your reply. I just realized what went wrong with my review. I had posted a link, which probably why my review wasn't posted.