helga19's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Resurrection new Jerusalem monastery .

Resurrection new Jerusalem monastery - historically male monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church in the city of Istra, Moscow region.

The monastery was founded in 1656 by Patriarch Nikon, who planned to recreate the complex of Holy places of Palestine near Moscow.

From a bird's-eye view, the new Jerusalem monastery looks like a well-fortified fortress towering on a hill, in the Central part of which is the Golden-domed resurrection Cathedral. Its dome in the form of a tent with 60 Windows can be called the hallmark of the monastery.

In the resurrection Cathedral, as In the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, there are three main shrines of Christians.

IMG_20181023_141014_566.jpgIMG_20181023_140813_182.jpgIts dome in the form of a tent with 60 Windows .Its dome in the form of a tent with 60 Windows .IMG_20181023_140904_402.jpg

Moscow Region BTI, улица Ленина, Istra, Московская область, Россия
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Resurrection new Jerusalem monastery .

Nice post @helga19

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 10

Rif.: Resurrection new Jerusalem monastery .

Hi @helga19 !

Awesome monastery!

I like the colors : curious the combination of color colors both outside and inside! I really like the blue in contrast with the columns and the white ornaments inside!

Thanks for sharing, 

David

Level 9

Thank you @davidhyno

It is really amazing old and famous monastery!

Connect Moderator

Hello @helga19. You are a fantastic photographer. That is very useful post, gain more knowledge.

Thanks for share 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Thank you @KashifMisidia

I am glad.  to hear it!

Cheers,

Level 7

Thank you so much for the education on such a place. It's beautiful. And I feel your post embodies all the good that can be met by the Google Local Guides program. I had no idea about there being a New Jerusalem initiative St some point there, and you gave me the knowledge and info.and I love that. Thank you so much. Please post more on this whole New Jerusalem endeavour if possible at some point.

Level 9

IMG_20181023_140748_251.jpg

Monastery   dome  with 60 windows inside .

It looks really amazing @davidhyno

Level 7

Hello@INGA1

Subject here is different, a very popular monument, I did not see this, thanks for allowing me to get a view of this and also what a nice photography, thanks for this also.

Best.