JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Request for help from Google Moderators

Could a Google Moderator please contact me via PM, so I can share my account details? My account has been locked/flagged. This exact same thing happened to me about 14 months ago, and at the time a Google Moderator reviewed and unflagged my account, so I'm hoping that I can get a similar review now. Starting about two weeks ago, 100% of my edits have gone into not applied status immediately, with no time in review status, and edits are the primary thing that I do as a Google Local Guide. They're even edits that usually 100% of the time go through, such as adding a category to a business that doesn't have a category, or adding an English language translation to a business that doesn't have one. I suspect that it might be because I'm a beta tester for StreetView, starting the same time, about 2 weeks ago, and with that, it adds tens of thousands of pictures to my Google Account (by some ways of looking at it). So, I went from 19,000 pictures to 28,000 pictures almost overnight, just by adding a few videos to Google StreetView. Anyway, even if that's not it, I'm hoping that a Google Moderator could please help me, because I really want to get back to contributing to Google Maps.

Thanks very much in advance!

12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Request for help from Google Moderators

Hi @JosephDewey sorry to hear this. It is the weekend for the Googlers right now. I'll flag this in the moderator forum for you.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JosephDewey,

We would like to avoid sharing personal information about accounts on Connect.

As you are able to sign in and post on Connect, it means there is no problem with your account and you can use it. If you have some issues, you can tag any Google Moderator.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich ...could you help me with this? I think it might have been overlooked with it being Thanksgiving in the US last week.

Also, I might not have been fully clear with my original request. Here are some additional details:

• My Google Account, my Connect Account, my connection to Google maps are fully working. This is not an issue with account access.
  • The issue is that after I submit edits within Google Maps, 100% of the time, they ALL get immediately rejected (NOT APPLIED). Actually, it takes about 2 seconds...but that's pretty much the same as immediate. This started right after I got back home from the Connect Live summit. Before it started, about 95% of my edits were always approved.
  • I believe that somehow my account has been incorrectly flagged as being a spam account, for edits, and so I'm hoping that someone can unflag it...or let me know what steps I can do to fix it.
  • This isn't a request about me sharing my personal details. I think that a Google Moderator could probably easily find my user and account from my Connect....but in the past, moderators have requested verification of which gmail address I'm using, so that's why I originally stated that, in case they had a hard time finding me in the system. I probably should have left it open ended, and let a Google Moderator tell me what to do or what they need.

Connect Moderator

Hi @JosephDewey I did escalate it. The Googlers will be on it.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JosephDewey,

Thanks for reaching out.

I will send you instructions how to troubleshoot this over a private message.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Thanks @MoniV I know Joseph was getting a little frustrated :). Thanks for coming into the picture.

Level 10