StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Repository of lists of Perks for Local Guides

Uhh...

Nothing current for Finland. I don't see why you parrot the past perks?

What I really wanted to know:

Who will be invited to a Local Guides "event" in Europe, for instance.

What does it take? Which level - or is there more to it?  😄

Cheers, Jaana

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Thank you for sharing this comprehensive list @StephenAbraham,

We know Local Guides love helping others and enjoy the rewards and recognition they receive for their contributions. Our team is always working on different opportunities for Local Guides, whether it be a perk, recognition opportunities, or access to other features and I invite you to please check out our core values post in which we discuss what being a Local Guide is all about.  I'd like to also remind Local Guides that visit this page that there is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

Lastly, Local Guides who have opted in to receive benefit emails will be updated with any new perks. Please visit your email-settings and be sure to check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder to make sure you don't miss any news.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

@BruceDM Thanks for the note. A lot of us do understand that. So, just to make sure that everyone else does, I have added this back in the main post. Thanks for your kind help always.:-)

"Just an important note that Google Local Guides is a volunteer only program. And there is no payment or compensation in any way for contributions, financially or physically. These perks serves just as a token of appreciation for our participation & contributions, and should not be taken as compensation in any way. There is no commitment or guarantee for any future perks. Our contributions helps everyone else around the world and in this same way, we also benefit from contributions of others."

Level 9

@StephenAbraham

It is you who can do it for us.

This post is easy for new bees to Connect . 

Keep doing useful things .

But what to do with the 1 TB storage after it is expired . Is there an option for continuous contributors to retain it .

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 10

@Sariga, will need to pay for it if you want to keep the 1TB.. 🙂 
or buy a big hard disk and transfer back to local storage.

@Sariga wrote:

@StephenAbraham

It is you who can do it for us.

This post is easy for new bees to Connect . 

Keep doing useful things .

But what to do with the 1 TB storage after it is expired . Is there an option for continuous contributors to retain it .

Level 9

@StephenAbraham thanks for sharing this useful links with everyone 🙂

Level 10

Former Google Contributor

Hello @StephenAbraham - Thank you for updating your post to include that helpful information. At the end of the day we'll still get the same questions asked but like you said, the Local Guides program is about benefiting from each others contributions and not necessarily the bonuses that come along with being in the program.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

@Sariga

With the end of the free storage promotions, one of the most common question in Connect is: How can I use my space in Google drive?

Of course, with a quick search you will find all the answer, but for an easy reference I will try to summarize in here the most common questions.

The biggest mistake that I did, when I got the free storage, was to save a copy of all my photos in Google Drive. Loading photos in Drive is using your storage space

With a correct setting, you will be able to store:

• Photos, in Google Photos, at High Quality (16MP), for free (unlimited storage)
  • Videos, in Google Photos, at High Definitions (1080P), for free (unlimited storage)

This is the storage I'm actually using:

Total storage.JPG

Most of the space is used for documents that I have in Drive. As you can see from the details, I am not using space for photos

storage details.JPG

And I have more than 9000 files (photos and videos) stored. The image in here is old

foto totali.JPG

So, don't worry about space for photos in Google Maps. Make the correct setting, and you will have no problem in storage due to Google Maps or Youtube videos

For more information, here are the links to the help pages:

Hope this can help you

Happy Mapping

Ermes

Level 10

Great Post! @StephenAbraham